Author Topic: Owners Manual Contents?  (Read 4174 times)

Offline rtw

• Expert
Owners Manual Contents?
« on: August 26, 2004, 02:06:41 PM »
Do I have to make notes about all the maintenance tips in this forum (eg what loctite or lube to use) or will ALL this stuff be in a manual somewhere, sometime? Perhaps available as a PDF file from the Rohrbaugh website. Perhaps we could signup and receive downloaded updates as they are developed? I for one would be willing to pay a small amount for a "subscription" service to receive updates for a defined period of time until things are settled.

Perhaps someone could sell a maintenance how-to along with the special tools that appear to be needed.

Hopefully, in less than 3 months I'll get mine and then I can have the same fun everyone else seems to be having.

Welcome home

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
Re: Owners Manual Contents?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 02:28:14 PM »
rWt, I'm not sure what others in this forum are doing, but I have a separate small notebook, in which I'm recording all the good ideas and information others have posted, along with notes about my own R9s, number of rounds fired, etc. I keep the original manual that came with the Rohrbaugh in there as well, it's thin, and fits in there great.

Probably someday someone will have a website devoted strictly to information on the Rohrbaughs, similar to what has happened with some other pistols, but for the time being, my little notebook is becoming more useful and valuable to me with every entry. Thanks to all who have contributed their thoughts and information on this forum, it's great.

BobJ

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 12:54:24 AM »
I am using a small notebook as you do, and also creating electronic copy, then a printed copy, of some of the most valauable bits of discussion.  
Probably most of you know this, but, just in case, the method is this:    Use cursor to highlight the desired part of the discussion;  copy it by doing Control C;  paste it in word processor (WordPerfect, Word, etc) by doing Control V;  save the document.   So far I haven't tried to transfer a photo, but probably can do so.    
Then those documents can be printed and put in a notebook.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 10:36:14 PM »
I think we could usefully archive some of the info here but - downside is it takes time.  Taking ''notes'' is good - always helps but nice also to have some sorta ''sticky'' thread type stuff for major things.  I guess search can help pull some things up.

[size=13] So far I haven't tried to transfer a photo, but probably can do so. [/size]

Not hard ... two ways.  One is right click and ''save image'' ... and store that where you will.  If it happens to not let that happen .... then ''alt+print screen'' .. will capture off screen the live application to clipboard as .BMP.  If your image app' is adequate ... you can ''paste new image'', crop out the bit you want and .....  then save same as a .JPG for archiving at 72 dpi.  Quite adequate.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.