Author Topic: Seecamps??  (Read 29867 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Seecamps??
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 12:02:04 AM »
Bill,

As some have suggested competition has caused a new Seecamp to be born.  The new website has helped also.  People complain about the R9 wait - I waited two years for my Seecamp when they were the only game in town.  If you could find them for sell they were marked up sometimes to  200% over retail years ago.  They are still much higher quality than the others in the same calibers .32 and .380.

Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 11:29:55 AM »
Dave,

I was seriously thinking about buying the .380 Seecamp.  I'm sure it is of the very highest quality.

Meanwhile, how can one resist the R9S?  9mm seems much better to me!

It just sounds like an all-around humdinger.

Besides, my belt is getting too tight to carry the Glock 36, or Sig P239, both using VM-2 holsters.

That left no choice.

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »
Bill, My thoughs are the same. The 9mm is the way to go.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »
Hi Tom,

I was trying to visit your web site, but the URL in your profile did not work.

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2005, 04:24:23 PM »
Bill, It is still under construction. Working on the graphics. Thanks for looking and asking.  Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Ubik380

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 01:02:30 PM »
I'm expecting my R9s in a couple of weeks but I'll probably be carrying my Seecamp .380 for a good while. It fits in my backpocket holster fine but unless I'm mistaken, the R9s' slightly larger size will make it "uncomfortable" in the same place. And, yes, the Seecamps are jewels of the craft!!

Offline searcher

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 01:19:29 PM »
I once owned a Seecamp and it was not very accurate. Resonable groups at even 10 ft were hard to come by. I then read somewhere that you could drop a 32 bullet right down the chamber. I tried this and sure enough the 32 fell right down the barrel with no trouble.  

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 06:01:16 PM »
".....sure enough the 32 fell right down the barrel with no trouble." searcher

Are you saying, you dropped a complete .32 Cartridge down the barrel of a 32 Seecamp ??
RJ=

Offline searcher

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 08:05:05 PM »
No, not the whole cartridge. Just the bullet itself.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 08:18:38 PM »
OK, That startled me.... :D
RJ=

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2005, 09:32:33 PM »
As I have said I own three Seecamps and I can hit soda cans at 20 feet four times out of five so I would say it isn't bad.  It was never meant for target shooting.  It is meant for that 12ft range.  Larry Seacamp emailed me today - his fifth email in a week inviting me for a factory tour.  He answered all of my questions so I would say Seecamp is very responsive now days.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 10:15:02 PM »
I do the 7 yd. thing with my .32 all the time..Pie plate is what I want-Pie plate is what I get.. ;)

Plenty good for a No-sight - point at bad guy- pistola.. 8)

As I have said I own three Seecamps and I can hit soda cans at 20 feet four times out of five so I would say it isn't bad.  It was never meant for target shooting.  It is meant for that 12ft range.  Larry Seacamp emailed me today - his fifth email in a week inviting me for a factory tour.  He answered all of my questions so I would say Seecamp is very responsive now days.
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2005, 12:01:27 PM »
Ubik380, it really is a beautiful pistol.

It was a hard choice for me, but the higher power won out.

Someday maybe I'll try my P3AT in back pocket carry.

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2005, 01:22:17 AM »
For those with 32 Seecamps go to the Seecamp website at www.seecamp.com on new ammo recommendations since there is a problem with the new winchester silvertips.  Below is a  email I received from Larry Seecamp last week on ammo.

Hi,

Early Hydra Shoks were too long to fit in our magazines without binding.  I've noticed the earlier Hydra Shok ammo boxes have thin lines running along the shorter axis of the box, whereas the newer Hydra Shoks have thin lines running along the longer axis.  The difference in the round length is about .015, as I recall.  I'll put more up on the website in the next few days.

I'd hang on to the old Silvertips.  I know I'm saving the few boxes I have left. It'd still be my carry choice.

The older serial number gun should handle all the ammo in the revised recommendation.

What irks me is that I have the personal experience of shooting well over a half million rounds of the old Silvertips in some 40,000 plus guns and Winchester suddenly changes the design on me ~ essentially leaving me to start all over again with a redesigned bullet that showed problems from the get-go.  I'm sure they'll fix the problem, but I can't say the new ammo is an improvement except for the cosmetics once they do get the act together.  

Regards,

Larry  

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
http://p081.ezboard.com/fgrahSeecamp Message Board
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2005, 08:58:23 AM »
Ron Graham just created a Seecamp message board on his board. The link is: http://p081.ezboard.com/fgrahamholsterforumfrm35