Author Topic: My handguns  (Read 33161 times)

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
Re: My handguns
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2006, 11:30:21 PM »
Sweet, thanks for the info, its nice to know.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2006, 05:50:46 AM »
My oldest J Frame......  The grips are Ivory,  I did the *BOB*  job....

RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2006, 07:55:14 AM »
RJ:

You're up early this morning.

That J-Frame is a real treasure!  Did you ever sell "The Grim  Reaper?"
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2006, 08:27:41 AM »
No, ole Grim is still with me.   I fear the price is a *Stopper* for most,  but it's what I've got in it, and you don't see guns of its character that often.

RJ=

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2006, 10:00:05 AM »
RJ,

That is one fine looking gun.  I like every one of them.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2006, 10:11:03 AM »
RJ, If I was you I would forget the R9 or .380 and carry both S&Ws. Then you would really be well dressed. ;D :o ::)
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2006, 11:32:32 AM »
I do like my Shiney Guns !   ;D

RJ=

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2006, 09:40:22 PM »
Kimber I picked up in .45 - haven't shot it yet.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

RA_Bakken

« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »
MoutainMan,

THAT's uncanny...you and I now have the exact same setup!  My primary when I can get away w/ it, is the Ultra CDP, wih the R9 as the BUG.

You'll love the CDP.  I put an S&A magwell on - gave a great feel, and added about 1/4" to the overall grip.  That, combined with those inexpensive rubber finger groove grips...and it's easily the finest fit of any handgun I've ever owned.  By far, in fact.

So, does this mean great minds think alike?   ;D

Looking forwad to your shooting impressions.

--Spectro

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2006, 11:06:24 PM »
Spectro

Was going to get an Ultra CDP but thought it was too close to the R9 and would probably carry the R9 - so went up a size to a Compact CDP - still has the same grip size as the Ultra.

Have to decide what holster will work best.

I have one more carry I didn't add - my Seecamps.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

RA_Bakken

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2006, 11:24:46 AM »
The holster I almost always default to is the Milt Sparks VersaMax 2.  The VM2 is just so flexible.  Sometimes, like now, I have the kydex clips attached, and I can just slip it on the pants I'm wearing, and (yes, it's true), can actually tuck my shirt over it, and have a very presentable appearance.

Have I mentioned my Pocket Defender holster for my Ultra CDP?  K&D Holsters made it for our very own Duane, here at the board, and I bought it from him.  Believe it or not, when my R9 was at the factory, I actually wore it with shorts for a couple weeks!  :-)

Also, I've got VM2 belt loops for 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 belts, and that setup is even more solid.  Just a little less "low profile".

Enjoy the search!  BTW, have you ever used Lightening Arm Sports?  They generally have some top notch holsters in stock, albeit at a slight premium, as they buy inventory from holster makers who are really backed up with orders.  A few extra bucks is okay by me, to avoid a months-long wait.

--Spectro

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: My handgun
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »
Spectro,

I really enjoyed the couple of VM-2 holsters I had.  Outstanding design.  I never did try my Kydex clips.

I finally decided that since my shirt was out, a belt holster would be more comfortable.  Nobody will see it anyway, same as a VM-2 with an untucked shirt.  The 55-BN belt holster is much better for me.

The big problem will be carrying the HK USP 45 full-size when the 55-BN arrives.

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2006, 06:39:24 PM »
Spectro

Thanks for the holster feedback.  

Are you using Kimber magazines with your Ultra?  My brother has a Kimber stainless Compact and likes Wilson mags.  He read on a forum on some people having problems with the extra Kimber follower that sticks up scratching the feed ramp for alum. frame models.

Dave

RA_Bakken

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2006, 11:04:36 PM »
Well, I have a mix of mags.  Most ARE Wilson Combat, which I have great confidence in.

I have some other Chip McCormick mags (makes Kimbers I'm told), and they seem fine to me.  As to the follower - maybe I'm missing it, but usually there's a round in the mag, so I don't see how the metal follower could be much of a problem (?).

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2006, 11:09:52 PM »
Spectro

Go to these links on the 1911 forum on some mags damaging the feed ramps on Alum frame Kimbers - may not be able to see the attached pictures but can read the text.

McCormick mags seem to be a problem.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=132617&highlight=magazine+damag

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=61318
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:13:30 PM by MountainMan »