Author Topic: Boberg  XR9  (Read 29951 times)

Offline riffraff

• Master
Boberg  XR9
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »

Hey Guys,

I got a reply E-mail!

Production was supposed to start this October.  Due to metal supplier problems, production will be delayed.  It was jokeingly stated that due to such problems, production might not begin untill this time next year.

I think we might see something by early 2009 but nothing sooner.  

I personally am really, really intreqed-? -interested by/in this pistol.  
I want the original full size design myself.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:21:30 PM by riffraff »
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline eddie_c-clamp

• Expert
Re: Boberg  XR9
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »
 This is about the only pistol I'm interested in adding to my collection..........patiently waiting 8)

Offline henryk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 01:14:25 AM »
This is about the only pistol I'm interested in adding to my collection..........patiently waiting 8)

I don't doubt that with all the Seecamps you have hidden away.    ;D

Offline eddie_c-clamp

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »
 ;DHenry- Although I love the LWS line, I own just one.

A custom s/n trigger lock .380.

The R9 is about the only other mouse gun that I feel is in the same league as the Seecamp 8)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 12:46:30 AM »
I got an email from Arne yesterday.  I had inquired about how things were going on getting the XR9 production started.  He has just finished up some testing on the Shorty model.  The slide had not been heat-treated and after a couple thousand rounds of various ammo including +P and +P+ some peening started.  He will be making a new slide for the test gun and then heat-treating it to see how it will hold up then.  He noted that with all the testing he has done this past summer he has worked out any durability issues.  

He also said "My new goal is to launch some time in Q2, but it will be worth the wait.  I want this thing to be dead solid before it gets out there, so I really appreciate your patience."  

I for one can't wait!  
Corey

PS.  Does anybody know when "Q2" is?  ???

Offline henryk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:30:20 AM »
I got an email from Arne yesterday.  I had inquired about how things were going on getting the XR9 production started.  He has just finished up some testing on the Shorty model.  The slide had not been heat-treated and after a couple thousand rounds of various ammo including +P and +P+ some peening started.  He will be making a new slide for the test gun and then heat-treating it to see how it will hold up then.  He noted that with all the testing he has done this past summer he has worked out any durability issues.  

He also said "My new goal is to launch some time in Q2, but it will be worth the wait.  I want this thing to be dead solid before it gets out there, so I really appreciate your patience."  

I for one can't wait!  
Corey

PS.  Does anybody know when "Q2" is?  ???

Q2 is second quarter.  April. May and June.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »
He's is going to start taking orders in a couple weeks.  First guns will be shipped out in June!  I for one am looking forward to this gun.
Corey

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
Looks like introductory pricing will be $849 for the XR9 Shorty based on an email of April 14, 09.  They will have a web site, BobergArms.com, that will be up around 5 weeks from April 14, and will be taking preorders then.  I am looking forward to this as well.

UPDATE:  Just got an email from Arne saying first shipment to be in August, and web site to go live in July and taking preorders then from the website. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:27:55 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »
OK I give up, can someone direct me to a picture of this Boberg XR9 tried but can't find one online.

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 03:21:33 PM »
Sorry I found it or should I say my son found the Boberg website.  Nice gun both long and short.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »
OK I give up, can someone direct me to a picture of this Boberg XR9 tried but can't find one online.

http://bobergengineering.com/

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 03:29:35 PM »
Thanks very, very, nice.

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »
I want one!

I WILL have one! :o
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:33:02 PM by 68hodaka »

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »
I had never heard of this gun prior to finding this string. It looks impressive in the long version (as soon as you eliminate the picitinny rail). In the short version, I don't get it. It looks like a first cousin of the Micro Desert gun.

I will look forward to seeing one at a future show or gunshop. It appears to be made of high quality.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »
One significant difference is the barrel length. The Boberg short
has a 3.3" barrel compared to 2.9"on the R9 and just 2.2" on the
Desert Micro.