Author Topic: Boberg  XR9  (Read 30114 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg  XR9
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »
Good advice from Richard and P7.  The bad guys are trying everything from a to z these days and dreaming up stuff that doesn't even fit the alphabet.  Have to stay ahead, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
losing thatRe: Boberg  XR9
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »

Ditto on that...I do the same thing and recommend the same to perps who do internet dealings. The only thing I would add is:  don't use a debit card from a bank that has other accounts you have and try and get away with using your middle name instead of your first name. Some banks will allow this if you tell them what your doing with it like RichardS is implying. Oh, one more thing is, use the same card setup for gas purchases. I have had a few people tell me about how the card was hacked somehow by some jackazz sitting in a car hacking stuff if the station has a wifi or other "wireless" system.

Another two to three cents from an amateur (did I spell that right? ;D)

More excellent advice. I should have mentioned that the debit-card account I maintain for Internet purchases is the only account I have in that particular host bank. I usually keep a couple of hundred Dollars in the account under the assumption that losing that amount wouldn't cause much damage except to my anger-induced blood pressure. If I plan to make a significant Internet purchase I'll just deposit the required amount into the account and proceed immediately with the transaction.

As I mentioned before, so far, so good . . . .
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »
The business acumen of each individual has to surpass those who are trying to take advantage.  If not, those who don't, will pay the price.

Just my nickels' worth.   :)     ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »
kjtrains;

Don't be so modest. I think you post represents a profundity.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2010, 09:44:58 PM »
"Assume nothing; trust no one; check everything."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:47:05 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
kjtrains;

Don't be so modest. I think you post represents a profundity.

ACP.  Thanks.  Just my thoughts.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2010, 02:31:56 PM »
"Assume nothing; trust no one; check everything."

All of the above are a must!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »
Just checked Boberg's website on the availability of the XR9.  Arne states "Our retail launch is scheduled to happen yet this summer"; yes, he used the word, "yet".

http://www.bobergarms.com/forum/topics/how-does-the-xr9s-short-fit-in?page=1&commentId=2312567%3AComment%3A2823&x=1#2312567Comment2823

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »
I checked there site several days ago also, and didn't find any encouraging information. And the last time I contacted Microtech about the Archangel, they e-mailed me back saying they were working on it. ::)

John
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:12:06 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2010, 10:17:09 PM »
I was hoping for some good information as the last time I heard anything was, hoping for production to start, July.  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 03:57:04 PM by kjtrains »

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »
Hello friends.
As I live only 20 min from Arne and Boberg Arms in White Bear Lake MN (I'm in Stillwater, MN), I've had the pleasure of corresponding with him frequently, and meeting and having lunch with him once. Some things to remember, please:
This is a small, start-up company, with some people having left their previous jobs to do something they really love and believe in -- and have years of experience both in firearms and computer-aided design, milling and production. Some of the parties involved have other jobs but are so dedicated to this endeavor that they sleep on the 'factory' floor (hey, this is one room, basically) in sleeping bags overnight, to gain more time.
Remember, they are designing and programming the CAM machine to make the tools to make the tools to make this product - it's quite amazing, but this is what these guys have done for a living in other capacities for their whole professional lives.
I am NOT speaking for Arne, but really 'tours' of the 'factory' are really difficult: it's a very  small operation with no secretary, PR person, 'office with a front desk' etc. and the owners of the facility are I believe 'concerned' with non-employees accessing or going into the site. (I'm not entirely sure they are comfortable with an 'arms manufacturer' even being there -- remember this is Minnesota which is very divided on most gun-related issues. The parties involved in Boberg Arms are funding this entire operation personally out of their own funds and are not seeking partners, investors, etc. so that they can control themselves the product they want to produce and guarantee the quality and operation of that product. So they'll release it and sell it 'when it's ready' and not before. All the questions about 'well, when will production begin, when will the first units be shipped', etc. cannot really be answered accurately -- it'll be ready when the good and honest people I personally know to be involved in this, say it's ready -- no shortcuts, quality deviations, etc.
I had the pleasure of bringing my Rohrbaugh R9s over for Arne to examine (but not shoot :( ), and I he was VERY impressed with the quality and manufacturing: this is exactly the level of machining and fit they intend to achieve.
So, all in all friends --- please be patient: this is a labor of love as well as a wager -- on their part -- on the future livelihoods of good, honest, experienced professional people with families and children to support. It's no scam - I know this to be the case.
PS: Arne's had long conversations with Bob Cogan of APW about, well, nearly everything. You can't really talk to Mr. Cogan without doing that :)  ONE MORE PERSONAL PLUG:
APW (http://www.apwcogan.com).
Corey (the guy who wears the 5.11 TAC pants all the time so he can carry 27 Rohrbaughs every time he goes to lunch) can also testify for them.
Anyway, the main thing I wanted to leave you with was: patience. "Ripeness is all." Things will happen when economics, personal situations, unforeseen manufacturing or raw material supplies, landlord actions, etc. dictate.
I hope everyone joins me in wishing for the best for this new venture and all the good people involved.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2010, 10:38:24 PM »
Great report!  Thanks for sharing and yes Bob does fantastic work.  I can't wait to have my XR9('s)!!!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »
Corey, I'm looking forward to the XR9's as well.  Hope we'll get that letter soon on the starting of production and our confirmation on the order.  

Bill.  I do understand about the startup and am in no hurry, really, just still hoping it will be soon.  

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
Hmmmm,
This sounds familiar.

I believe the R brothers dealt with these similiar situations!! ;)

Wishing the Boberg Arms Co. the best of luck in their endeavors!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »
I'm sure all kinds of problems are encountered, and am confident they will work out in due time.    :)