Author Topic: Boberg  XR9  (Read 29972 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg  XR9
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 08:03:45 PM »
Ok, lets see.  

1.  He says first guns should be ready to ship in August.
2.  You shouldn't be disappointed about something that hasn't happened yet.
3.  Conjecture regarding Bobergs' reception to a tour is neither here nor there.

Get a grip.  Let it drop and lets see what happens.

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »

"You shouldn't get disappointed about something that hasn't happened yet"(?)

Is this not a departure with reality? Are we called upon to suspend belief that anticipation is not germane?

Please refrain from useage of my posts as a mechanism to defend Boberg. If you are closer to this matter than I am, fine. I wish Boberg well but reserve the right to post observations regarding events in which I have a reasonable interest without your attempts to dissuade my opinions.

Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »
My appologies.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »
Here is the response I recieved.

"The XR9 has already been developed, so there is nothing to see there.  What is being created here in White Bear Lake is the manufacturing process which is highly proprietary, which you may understand as it is extremely difficult to make guns inexpensively.  So, for now, tours are not possible.

Thanks for asking!

Arne Boberg
President
Boberg Arms Corp."
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 01:48:44 PM »
Good information.  Thanks!

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »
Heres another follow up email.

"David,

Don't feel too bad - we have turned down several trustworthy individuals for a tour.  The way we look at it is that if some big company steals our patent, we can still beat them in manufacturing cost.  That being said, we are getting security screens for the critical areas, but the assembly areas will be available for tours once we are up and running.  I'll let you know.

Arne"
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 06:49:08 PM »
 I received this today after asking about when the shorty will be on the market.
We have been slow on status updates because we have been busy building our gun factory.  Also, our meeting with the ATF on Wed did not go well.  The soonest they will issue our license is some time in October.  So hang tight!

Arne

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
Thanks FB and John for the update.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 09:04:47 PM »
I went through many government audits during my career and found that they are good people. But: do not go to an audit unprepared.

My guess as to why the meeting with ATF did not go well is probably due to Boberg's being so busy on startup issues. This is only speculation based upon relevant experience.

I hope Boberg rebounds from this matter as I believe they have a highly marketable product.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 08:09:24 PM »
Looks like the dummy guns are out.  Must mean that the guns a are getting closer!!  The link has some comparison pics with a R9.    Im still VERY much looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.

http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256652149/4#4

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »
The Boberg has a lot going for it externally: there is a lot of trigger finger room and apparently adequate grip length for a positive grip purchase instead of dropping off the little finger which drives some of us crazy.

However there is a long road between prototypes and a functioning, marketable, reliable weapon.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 09:11:21 PM »
tracker's point is valid. I wish Boberg well but it is untested.

Wake me up when they come out with the version that actually has a barrel. That short version, to me, is awful.

The short version Boberg does have some merit. It makes me admire my R9 with all the more zeal.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the barrel there but hidden, so to speak, with the unique design? I can understand if you just have to see   a distinct barrel but that is a different problem. The proof will be in its functionality and accuracy; kind of like a Glock's acceptance: pretty is as pretty does.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:24:33 PM by tracker »

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 09:41:26 PM »
Rare moment: I disagree with tracker!

Of course there is a barrel but the short version is ugly, in my view. There is not a right or wrong answer, which is why we participate in a forum.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 10:17:23 PM »
Thanks, ACP; I respect and value your judgment and comments, also. We can and should disagree but I think most all of us appreciate quality.
Sometimes, there are some nuances along the way. This forum is a model for expressing our views in a "collegiate" fashion, as I think you stated very well.