Author Topic: Boberg  XR9  (Read 30112 times)

Offline abboberg

Re: Boberg  XR9
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »
Yes, it is amazing that there are holsters for a weapon that does not exist yet.

Chief  

Well, I've got mine... ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »
Arne.  Perks!   ;D    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »
I sent Boberg an email and PM regarding longer barrel version. What can I say? The R45 is a myth and the flesh is weak.

If I understand correctly, we can't preorder the long barrel Boberg yet but I think it is important to let these people know we are interested.

Perhaps they will listen to us and, unlike the R45, actually make this piece within a reasonable time frame.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »
I think they will.  I'm interested in both and interesting to see Arne here on the Forum.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:51:02 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »

Me too  ::)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2010, 10:17:08 PM »

It appears that Arne has plowed a fertile field here. Good on you, Arne.

Offline Kayaker

Boberg forum alert
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »
Just a head's up to those of you who may care.  Those who don't please ingore my post.  

The Boberg forum in its current iteration reveals full names of anyone that posts.  For professional or personal reasons, some of us would rather not have gun sites show up when our names are Googled.  I learned about this in a harmless way when several months after I posted on a woodworking website, someone I didn't know that well asked me how my woodworking was coming.  I asked how they knew I was a woodworker and they told me they Googled me.  I recommended to Arne that he switch to a system of usernames, perhaps much like this website.  I had a post on that forum, but have since deleted it.

I am sorry if this post better belongs on the Boberg forum, but since some of the users of this site are likely to benefit by reading this before posting there, I think this post should be OK.  Also, I can't post on that Forum just yet.  :-[

I hope to have my new pup ( Special Forces) in the  next 7-10 days and hope to post a range report within the following week.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:26:09 PM by Stanleybud »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2010, 09:22:35 AM »
Kayaker.  Thanks for the heads' up.  

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
Kayaker:

Dittos for your advice. I have zero problem sharing my name and address with persons of good will on this forum or elsewhere. However, that is a volitionary act and a whole other thing compared to being involuntarily hacked.

I had $2700 of identity theft against my debit card about 2 years ago and I DO NOT trust the internet. Big hint as to the culprit: They were no "Pal" of mine.

Fortunately my bank, with which I have a substantial investment, accommodated me and funds were quickly restored. In retrospect, it is comical. My bank asked me if I had been in London recently buying $400 worth of Iron Maiden memorabilia. Uh, no. That was just the start of what the hackers did with my card in a 36 hour period.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »
Good and timely advice.

I personally maintain a special debit-card account which I use for Internet purchases. That account never has any more funds in it than I need at the time. So far, so good . . . .
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline abboberg

« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2010, 12:58:53 AM »
I'm interested in both and interesting to see Arne here on the Forum.

Of course, I will be expecting Karl and Eric to be snooping around in my forum... ;D

My first forum was THR.  When signing up it asked for "username", so I just used an abbreviation of my name with middle initial.  What I didn't know was that it would be displayed as my handle, and I thought it looked kind of dumb and hard to pronounce.  Well, just to be consistent, I have used that same username on all the forums where I am a member, just so people know I'm the same person. I guess I am stuck with it. :(

By the way, you can enter a "handle" name on the Boberg Forum.  I have no way of changing the description of the sign-up field to something else (like "username"), but I did put a note in the blog section at the bottom of the home page apprising users that you can enter any name in the "full name" field.  

Offline abboberg

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2010, 01:02:36 AM »
If I understand correctly, we can't preorder the long barrel Boberg yet but I think it is important to let these people know we are interested.  

Perhaps they will listen to us and, unlike the R45, actually make this piece within a reasonable time frame.

The more I hear about it, the more I'm thinking of the XR45 instead of the XR9-L.  Naww - just kidding - the .45 will have to wait... :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2010, 09:54:45 AM »
The XR45!  Nice sound.  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2010, 11:35:10 AM »

I wish I had mine!!   :D    :D  I'll get the holster, in black.

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2010, 12:02:20 PM »
Good and timely advice.

I personally maintain a special debit-card account which I use for Internet purchases. That account never has any more funds in it than I need at the time. So far, so good . . . .

Ditto on that...I do the same thing and recommend the same to perps who do internet dealings. The only thing I would add is:  don't use a debit card from a bank that has other accounts you have and try and get away with using your middle name instead of your first name. Some banks will allow this if you tell them what your doing with it like RichardS is implying. Oh, one more thing is, use the same card setup for gas purchases. I have had a few people tell me about how the card was hacked somehow by some jackazz sitting in a car hacking stuff if the station has a wifi or other "wireless" system.

Another two to three cents from an amateur (did I spell that right? ;D)
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional