Author Topic: Boberg Xr9s shorty - Superior or just different?  (Read 29682 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg Xr9s shorty - Superior or just differen
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 12:20:59 AM »

The Kel-Tec PF-9 has the same problem: too little space in front of the trigger.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 01:54:23 AM »
I have never paid much attention to the Kel-Tecs after looking at a P3AT,
it was rougher than a cob.
  I know they have there followers and are probably good guns, but not for me, I like my guns a little more refined.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 06:51:23 AM »
Just from an initial perspective it appears that there is very little room in front of the Archangel trigger to place the finger; this is very important in a quick response self-defense situation. The R9 is quite generous in this regard.

I agree.  The Archangel has very little space there.  That would be a concern.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:58:46 AM »
I agree 100% with that, you would have to be careful or shoot one handed.

John

I shoot one handed, but with the Archangel, it seems like you'd be threading the needle, so to speak.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 07:07:27 AM »
I have never paid much attention to the Kel-Tecs after looking at a P3AT,
it was rougher than a cob.
  I know they have there followers and are probably good guns, but not for me, I like my guns a little more refined.

John

Same here.  Some like them, I'm sure.  On this one, it just doesn't get my vote; now, that's just my thoughts.  We all can't like everything!

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »
I know I'm on a different track than many on this...but my philosophy on guns pretty much boils down to having, carrying and practicing only with the guns I am most comfortable and competent with.  I am a shooter...not a collector.  Anything I own, needs to carry its own weight in filling a need.  If I were in a different financial position, I might think differently from an investment point of view...not from a self defense prospective ...but, it's easy to get confused with "I'll carry this one (my new "Bad Guy Super Gun") today...'cause I got my new holster and ...whatever.  I found my self making excuses to carry guns I wasn't that familiar with.  
Have now corrected the problem by thinning the herd and am getting back to MY basics...Someday, maybe I'll be a collector...but with a different set of guidelines than previously used.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »
I can certainly understand your point of view.  We are all different and have different agendas; and that's OK.

Offline ChasenGreen

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 09:10:37 PM »
Gotta wait and see on this one.  I can't tell you how many times I've jumped on new models only to be disappointed.

Green

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 11:12:49 PM »
This is a really interesting startup product. Arne Boberg -- the designer -- went to my AlmaWhatever the University of Minnesota, and evidently worked for Imation here: a major manufacturer or computer storage devices. So, we can assume that the handgun design is truly a labor of love, and we all should applaud and encourage any and all such activities. I live here in the frozen Northern wastelands of Minnesota (along with not-too-bright-or-cold-impervious ancestors, for five generations - "It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here"), not 15 minutes from White Bear Lake (Don't laugh!) where Arne and his company lives. I'll try to get together with him personally, and provide more information. :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »
Thanks for your humor on Minehaha; you're still somewhat south of being a youper from Michigan, I think, aren't you?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:22:10 PM by tracker »

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »
I have no personal knowledge of the Boberg firearms now in use or production. I've had some email conversations with Arne Boberg, since he only lives about 18 minutes from me. :)
OK, and don't laugh about or make fun of "White Bear Lake, MN" -- it's no sillier than a lot of place names.
If Arne passes on anything for 'public information' I will certainly post it here.
I would suggest resisting the expectation of getting timely,  personal responses from the website, etc.
As far as I can tell, this is a true 'startup' company, and consists pretty much of Arne and his wife.
He's obviously a very bright and talented person, and the technical design aspects seem  very interesting and innovative. We all should know -- especially on a Rohrbaugh forum -- how difficult and 'long-term' a struggle it is, to make a go of it in this world and economy.
All the best to you all.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
whkrog.  Thanks for the update!

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 01:34:17 AM »
Any of you following this pistol should know that his production date goal of July 2010 has now come and gone.  I went through the Boberg forum again and looked - no more updates as of yet on a new release date.  I'm on the waiting list for when they do finally come out, but I'm not holding my breath. Made another request for a date, we'll see.
Semper Fi

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 10:57:54 AM »
MJ.  I'm on the waiting list, as well, and haven't heard a word.  Looks like we would get an update now and then.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »
Im on the list also.  I got in on it very early so I hope to have a VERY LOW serial number when they do make it to production.  Arne is very good about answering emails if you have any questions you should email him.