Author Topic: SEECAMP .380  (Read 93158 times)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: SEECAMP .380
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2011, 08:15:51 AM »
Chameleon

A nice looking pair indeed! ;D

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »
Thank you guys.

I just bought them the design and manufacturer is Paul and he did well.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #377 on: April 03, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »
If anyone wants a set of these, here's the link!

http://www.designergrips.com/

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline garymass

• Expert
« Reply #378 on: April 03, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
Are those both smooth or checkered? I never thought I would say this to another Man but Nice grips. ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 11:57:17 AM by garymass »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #379 on: April 03, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
Judging by the pics I would say both pair of grips Art has have the checkering. They are cast in a mold so the checkering will not be sharp like cut checkering would, but will enhance the grip nicely.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
Started to shoot a mag yesterday and fired the first rd and it jammed locking the hammer back.  The hammer stayed locked back.  Larry seemed to know exactly what was wrong and said, send it back, when I talked to him first thing this morning.  

deercop.  Thanks for the advice on scrubbing the chamber area.  I'll sure do that in future cleanings.

Yeah, I had the same problem when my Seecamp 380 first arrived. After the third round, the hammer locked back. Larry said to send it back, and after keeping it awhile, he sent me a brand new gun.  A+++ service in my opinion.  Also I bought a .32 that was about 15 years old. After a few magazines, the slide cracked. Once again Larry did not hesitate to stand behind his product. He told me to send it in, and they replaced the slide, as well as do a couple of upgrades to bring it up to the specs of the current .32s.  Apparently they changed the material used for the slides over the years and had to machine the receiver to match the newer style. Truly an example of excellent customer service.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:50:22 AM by Joe_from_NY »

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2011, 01:01:21 AM »
I guess I never did get mine posted here.  I ordered mine a couple of years ago with a goal to have it for my 47th birthday.  Due to an unfortunate series of events, the dealer never placed my order.  Due to a very fortunate series of events, I was able to get one that was almost out of production so I could even get my custom serial number (BDF1963).  Larry signed my mag on the day after my 47th birthday.  Close enough for me.  I keep mine on the way down low in my weak side back pocket as primary or secondary.  The key is that it's always there.  The back story on it is also kinda neat how all the pieces came together to make my Seecamp .380 dream come true.

One of these days, I'd like to send it off to CCR for a blackout, but really only a tiny sliver of the top of the slide and the mag base plate shows in this holster.  

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2011, 01:09:09 AM »
Very nice, ljutic and the holster, too; the custom serial no. is icing on the cake.  Thanks for the photos.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #383 on: June 02, 2011, 01:52:41 AM »
Not like the Seecamp .380 will depreciate.  I will post some pics  ;D My turn for peer pressure  :D

I dont know if that is correct. In hindsight, i paid about $1200 for mine, which was the average price on Gunbroker about that time for new in box,  and it depreciated over 30% since then. I am not complaining because i got it when i wanted it, but you never can tell what will go up or down.

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #384 on: June 02, 2011, 01:59:18 AM »
... Again, Larry warranties everything that is Seecamp so don't worry about buying used. Unlike Rohrbaugh they 100% stand by the gun regardless of who owns it.

This is so true of Mr. Larry.  He leads an extraordinary company with an unparalleled view on customer service. True old school pride in their work. No matter whose hands a Seecamp winds up in, no matter how many years down the road, if it has an issue, the man will fix it for you, no questions asked. I own two and will be a Seecamp owner for life. Now that the .380s are a reasonable price again on the market, i will probably get another just in case. In case of what, i don't know, but i just can't resist, they are such a miniaturized work of art.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #385 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »

This is so true of Mr. Larry.  He leads an extraordinary company with an unparalleled view on customer service. True old school pride in their work. No matter whose hands a Seecamp winds up in, no matter how many years down the road, if it has an issue, the man will fix it for you, no questions asked. I own two and will be a Seecamp owner for life. Now that the .380s are a reasonable price again on the market, i will probably get another just in case. In case of what, i don't know, but i just can't resist, they are such a miniaturized work of art.

I think it is a good thing to have more than one of any/every gun we own. I did have duplicates for many years until I cut back on what I carry, and it has been down to a Seecamp and an R-Nine. I have many Seecamps but only one R-Nine, I need to fix that.
The Seecamps are cool to keep buying, I got into the special serial number thing a few years ago and haven't slowed down yet.

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »
I dont know if that is correct. In hindsight, i paid about $1200 for mine, which was the average price on Gunbroker about that time for new in box.

Joe,

Respectfully,  the LWS380 didn't depreciate 30%, you paid 30% too much for it in the first place.

I don't know what LWS380's are retailing for now, but when I ordered mine 4 years ago (approximately) it was $795.00..  I ordered it from Sandi at Seecamp, not thru a retail dealer.

(I paid an extra $35 for the personalized serial number).

I paid $795.00 for my LWS380, and when my pistol was shipped to my local FFL transfer dealer SEECAMP included a check for $40.00 to HIM for the transfer fee..

(Sandi did NOT tell me Seecamp would be sending the check to my FFL dealer)..

Or, I actually paid $755.00 for my new Seecamp LWS380 and I would seriously be surprised if I needed to sell it I could not get my money back..

I'm not faulting you for paying over retail, or scalpers prices, but demanding "instant gratification" can be a bee-atch..

With the plethora  of new small 380cal. pistols hitting the market, seemingly a new once each time the sun rises, there's no way you'll see Seecamp LWS 380's selling for $1200.00 again, but I believe you'll always find a market for a good used LWS380 simply because the supply will always be limited, the Seecamp has a reputation as the "best of the best" of it's nitch, and new gun buyers are hitting the market every day.

Plus, the Seecamp pistol, in any caliber, is simply a desirable firearm to a particular segment of the firearms buying public, and, as with those who cherish their Rohrbaughs, selling one, at a fair price, is always going to be easy..

Just conversin', not confrontin', so again no offense intended to you.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:08:03 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »
Jesse.  Where ya been?  It has been awhile.  Welcome back.  Love that Seecamp!    :)

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »
Jesse.  Where ya been?  It has been awhile.  Welcome back.  Love that Seecamp!    :)

Hi kj:

Thanks for the nice words...

I guess my absence can be contributed to several things... First, I'm old, and my vision was going South, which took the fun out of casual plinking and general online participation with my centerfire guns.

I developed an interest in rimfire rifles because I could actually see well enough to still enjoy  casual target plinking, and that led me away from pistol forums in general and I guess I've spent most of my time on those rimfire sites for a while..

Then Buddy, our "buddy" Australian Shepherd developed liver cancer, and had to be put to sleep.  That happened very, very quickly, and losing Buddy really put us both in a funk about life in general.

But, blessedly, life goes on.

I had cataract surgery in both eyes last month, and my distance vision now is excellent. (Knock on wood).. I need reading glasses, and always will, but it's a real pleasure to be able to actually SEE well enough to start hitting targets again as I could decades ago..  

The cataract surgery didn't help my "less than steady" hands, (which come with the humongous number of birthdays I've had) but I can use a "rest" for that as long as I can actually see both sights and the X ring..  

Then a little over a week ago JoAnn found a breeder (online) relatively near of miniature Australian Shepherds, and see saw a photo of one available and heard it calling her name, so we have a sweet 12 wk. old female puppy in the house now.

Between better vision and the enjoyment of watching a new pet discover the world I guess my attitude has gotten a little better as I find myself perusing more and more of my old familiar "gun haunts".

I have always been drawn to any conversation about Seecamps in general, and those classic "keep one in the tube or not" questions folks keep asking always catches my attention..

Or, the "magazine vs clips", or "if it doesn't start with a 4, it's worthless"..   Or, a 9MM round is simply a 45ACP set on "stun", and all that malarkey..

:)

Anyway, nice of you to notice I'm back..  

Thanks!

Jesse

P.S.  JoAnn and I are believers in the "Rainbow Bridge" story... So we expect to see our Buddy again...  

Irreplaceable Buddy...

"Jodie": not a Buddy "replacement", but a new life to love and give love to us. A sweet, very smart little girl.  (She'll only top out at about 40lbs.)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:54:39 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »
Hey Jesse.  Certainly sorry to hear of the loss of Buddy; that is hard to grasp.  Great that you now have the 12 week old, Jodie, as I know she'll be a great comfort to you both.

Thanks for the photos of Buddy and Jodie; excellent.

Good to see your cataract surgery was a success and enjoy seeing better again.

Enjoy raising Jodie and keep us posted on her growth.  Again, good to see you back.

kj