Author Topic: Loving my new Kimber Solo... 1700 rounds and counting.  (Read 64497 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Loving my new Kimber Solo... 1700 rounds and counting.
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
Josh

How is the Solo doing?

Did you get the mag release thing figured out?

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2015, 06:23:27 PM »
Josh

How is the Solo doing?

It's strong. Been riding with the R9 lately. Not gotten to it yet Bob. Any suggestions for how to handle it when i do?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »
Josh

How is the Solo doing?

It's strong. Been riding with the R9 lately. Not gotten to it yet Bob. Any suggestions for how to handle it when i do?
[/color]

Like I said, I was anticipating problems and have not had any in the 3+ years I have carried it.

I was going to take it to my gunsmith and have him remove the release button and grind the right side down enough so it would not get pushed.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2015, 12:49:20 AM »
Josh

How is the Solo doing?

[/color]

Like I said, I was anticipating problems and have not had any in the 3+ years I have carried it.

I was going to take it to my gunsmith and have him remove the release button and grind the right side down enough so it would not get pushed.

Ok. Well unfortunately I have had a few mags popped out. I may also need to adjust my holster up above the belt. I had been riding with it in a really low position. I think I can raise it up and help the situation as well.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)