Author Topic: Glock 42 Review  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Ljutic

• Master
Glock 42 Review
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:45:14 PM »
Not going to be great choice for daily pocket carry, but I got turned on to IWB appendix carry with the Bobergs and XDs.  Should be a really good choice for Summer.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2014/05/glock-42-review-concealed-carry-gem.html

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Glock 42 Review
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »
Great review. Sounds like a good little gun. I love Glock reliability.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:21:20 PM »
Thanks for the review.  I know you have the Kahr P380, I don't see where the Glock 42 has an advantage over it.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »

Apparently, Glock is still tweaking it with some minor unannounced changes in some production sequences.

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:20:14 PM »
Thanks for the review.  I know you have the Kahr P380, I don't see where the Glock 42 has an advantage over it.

Cheaper, shorter trigger reset (I like both triggers), better terminal performance from the longer barrel, and I can work on a Glock with confidence.  I didn't want to muddy the review with comparisons, but those crossed my mind.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:20:19 PM »

I put about 200 rounds through my G42 today.  I was flawless--with everything except Federal 90 grain Hydra-Shok JHPs.  I had several FTF with that load.  On the other hand, the gun ran perfectly with Hornady 90 grain JHP/XP, Speer Gold Dot 90 grain GDHP, and American Eagle 90 grain FMJ.

The slightly larger size of the G42 makes it a bit easier to shoot and manipulate than the micro-sized .380 ACP.  I think this is going to be a pretty interesting gun.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »
Do you foresee a situation where you would carry a gun of that size with the .380 combination?

Is it about the size of a Kahr PM9? 
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 11:35:03 PM »
Yes, I would say it is PM9 sized.

I would prefer that size gun to be in 9mm, but I suspect that is Glock's next move. 

It is more shootable than a Ruger LCP or even a Rohrbaugh 380 -- just because of the size.  The grip is bigger, the sights are bigger, the controls are full size, the slide is easier to manipulate, etc.

For me, I would rather carry a 9mm Shield if I had this size gun, but I can see how some would appreciate the softer recoiling .380 ACP.

This gun is exciting, but the likely forthcoming 9mm is very exciting too.  I have been waiting for some company to produce a gun that I like to a micro, compact, and full-size.  Glock is getting close, and a 9mm would make the perfect set with my G19 and G17/34.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 11:39:08 PM »
You need the 17L to complete the set.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master