Author Topic: The new "R-45"?  (Read 17036 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: The new "R-45"?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 09:38:43 AM »

I am still in line to get a review model. Looking forward to it.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 06:34:02 PM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Hey man, what's up with this gun ?

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 05:44:05 PM »
Duane,
How about throwing in a review on the BMW 5 Series you picked up last year in Munich?

I guess I am allowed to hijack my own thread...   :D

My 2015 528i is awesome.  I've had it just shy of one year now, and put roughly 15,000 miles on the odometer.  This is the best car I've ever had, for certain.  It is comfortable, fast, sporty and generally awesome.

15000 miles? It isn't even broken yet. My 1999 is as tight and quiet as the day I bought it. Keep up the maintenance and it's good for 300,000 miles. That is my goal.

I replaced one window motor and both rubber sway bar bushings, dry rot. Other than that I just WAY over maintain it.

kevinqjhps

p.s. stay FAR away from Michelin tires. They preform well on other cars but NOT BMW. I switched to Perelli and it handles like a go cart. Here in Carmel we have 103 roundabouts that are a BLAST to take at reasonable speed.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 11:39:22 AM »
There is this huge segment of the gun-owning population who complain that there's never anything new, then there are these gun owners that criticize anything new, saying "Its a solution in search of a problem, it's a fad, its just marketing hype, it doesn't do anything my 45 doesn't do, it's a gimmick, it doesn't do anything my S&W revolver doesn't do, it's too heavy, it's too light, it's too thick, it's too thin..."

On and on and on.

Sometimes I think those two segments are actually the same gun owners.  They complain that nothing is new because they want something new to attack and criticize.

I think Arne is a great guy, I hope the Bond Bullpup stays around, I'd like to buy one someday.

Don't know him but Bond arms has always had a great reputation.

kvinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »
Duane,
How about throwing in a review on the BMW 5 Series you picked up last year in Munich?

I guess I am allowed to hijack my own thread...   :D

My 2015 528i is awesome.  I've had it just shy of one year now, and put roughly 15,000 miles on the odometer.  This is the best car I've ever had, for certain.  It is comfortable, fast, sporty and generally awesome.

15000 miles? It isn't even broken yet. My 1999 is as tight and quiet as the day I bought it. Keep up the maintenance and it's good for 300,000 miles. That is my goal.

I replaced one window motor and both rubber sway bar bushings, dry rot. Other than that I just WAY over maintain it.

kevinqjhps

p.s. stay FAR away from Michelin tires. They preform well on other cars but NOT BMW. I switched to Perelli and it handles like a go cart. Here in Carmel we have 103 roundabouts that are a BLAST to take at reasonable speed.

I see you mention Carmel Kevin. That wouldn't happen to be New York State by chance?
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
Indiana.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »
Ah ha. . . . . Not what I was thinking at all. Ha haa. . . . . . I was hoping for upstate NY by me. We could have had lunch one day! 

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
Ah ha. . . . . Not what I was thinking at all. Ha haa. . . . . . I was hoping for upstate NY by me. We could have had lunch one day!

I am in a suburb just north of Indy.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 10:38:02 PM »
Yes, I see now. Sorry, that's a bit of a ride for lunch!  lol

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 11:53:35 AM »
Looking at that, as good sit is, it's really not a 'pocket gun.' I am just wondering for a pocket gun if a Semmerling might be a better choice. YES. it is expensive, and YES it is manually operated but it is a .45 and it is pocket size. Just a thought.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 12:40:59 PM »
Looking at that, as good sit is, it's really not a 'pocket gun.' I am just wondering for a pocket gun if a Semmerling might be a better choice. YES. it is expensive, and YES it is manually operated but it is a .45 and it is pocket size. Just a thought.

My friend has a Semmerling and as far as I am concerned it is a $4000 POS.

They weigh 20 ounces loaded and the recoil is tremendous I have heard from him. He does not shoot it any more because of it's value so I have not shot it.

You pull the barrel forward to eject and then pull it back to load.  It is a very well made and interesting pistol with no practical use that I can see.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 06:43:34 PM »
Agreed . . . . .

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »

My friend has a Semmerling and as far as I am concerned it is a $4000 POS.

They weigh 20 ounces loaded and the recoil is tremendous I have heard from him. He does not shoot it any more because of it's value so I have not shot it.

You pull the barrel forward to eject and then pull it back to load.  It is a very well made and interesting pistol with no practical use that I can see.

The one I handled, not shot , was built as well as anything I have handled.

Recoil? Gee harsh recoil in q 20 ounce .45? What are the odds. Try a 11 ounce S&W Airtight in .357. Recoil is a subjective thing. Some handle it, some don't. 

Reliability? With NO recoil spring or guide rod it would make sense reliability would be as close to perfect as you can get.

Would I pay $4000 for one? Not a chance. 

kevinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 09:04:04 PM »
I own a S&W Scandium J frame and the recoil is stout with 357's no doubt.

The Semmerling being a single shot, I would bet that the recoil is stouter than the 357.  The 20 ounces is loaded with five rounds also.  No recoil springs and slide absorbing the recoil.

As for price, check out the last two on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/Completed%2FBCI.aspx?Keywords=Semmerling&Timeframe=1

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 07:38:03 AM »
I own a S&W Scandium J frame and the recoil is stout with 357's no doubt.

The Semmerling being a single shot, I would bet that the recoil is stouter than the 357.  The 20 ounces is loaded with five rounds also.  No recoil springs and slide absorbing the recoil.

As for price, check out the last two on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/Completed%2FBCI.aspx?Keywords=Semmerling&Timeframe=1

Those are INSANE prices! Did I read, or am I mistaken, that 5-6 of these in semi auto were made for Army/Special Force trials?
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident