Author Topic: STOLEN!  (Read 7310 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
STOLEN!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 11:54:39 AM »
>>Hi BamaTex...

The subject of the G26 has popped up on a couple threads around here of late.  In part because of these discussions I recently purchased a G26 - and I love it...!

If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a couple questions about your use of and opinions about magazines which hold more than the standard 10 rounds for this gun.  In addition to purchasing the G26 I have obtained every mag extension I could find...one of which is a +2 (Sherer), the others simply for better grip.  I have also used the standard (Hi Cap) 17 round mag intended for my G17, and am considering adding on a +2 extension here for a total of 19, plus one in the pipe.  On to my questions...

You mention the use of 15 round mags for your G26...is this another standard mag for the G17 or something else?  Regarding the +2 mags you have used - what make are these, and finally do you have strong preference about one type of +1 or +2 mags in terms of function/comfort...??

Thanks in advance for your time and attention to thisd matter...TW<<

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: STOLEN!
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »
TW,
   If I may interject..The 15s are made for the G19..
Try shooting the 33 round G18 mag outta the 26 8) Very fun at the range.. ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline BamaTex

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 06:18:29 PM »
Calvin,
If one cannot laugh at ones self, who can you laugh at?
Personally I think the best thing to come out of Alabama was my three children, but.

Anyway, I would be interested to know the name of  the HOT female Inspector. Because, quite truthfully, we do not hire hot women.  Email me.

I have every intention of carrying the Rohrbaugh as a CCW.
I can't wait to get it and start shooting.

TW,
On the matter of G26 mags. I use the standard 15 round mag, for the G19. I bought mag sleeves from Glockmeister.com, that you put on the mags and extend the grip of the gun. I think I have discussed this before on the forum. The extensions make the mags/gun much more comfortable.  I believe you can get mag extensions for the 17 round mag also.  I use the 15 because when I bought the gun, the seller threw one in and a gun shop I frequent had them on sale one day.  I do not have a +2 extension on the 15 round mag.  

I have three 10 round mags with either a finger extension (no extra rounds, came with the gun) or the +2 extension. I use the Pearce +2, which works well for me. I have small hands and my hands fit the +2 almost perfect.  With the 10 round mag, I must have some type of extension or my little finger is not on the grip.  I did NOT change the mag springs and have never had a failure to feed.

I also have a G36 and I have a Pearce+1 extension on it. Mainly for the extra round.

Finally, I use the small mags with my Pager Pal holster and the larger mags with my pancake holster.  

Hope this answers your questions.  If not, let me know. I would not be here, if I did not like to talk about guns.

BamaTex

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 06:40:22 PM »
Bama, It seems whether one uses UPS,FEDEX,USPS the key is to ship it in a plain brown cardboard box with out logos &  etc., on the box. I always use the initials instead of the full name ie: FA instead of firearm. It works for me.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline TW

• Grand Master
STOLEN!
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 09:24:15 PM »
>>Thanks, BamaTex, for very thorough answers to my questions...!  After my last post I realized the 15 rounders were likely for the G19...another sweet gun, but not as sweet as the G26, IMHO.  I'm not familiar with what you describe as magazine "selves".  Do these cover the length of the magazine or just the exposed areas on a hi cap hiding in a baby G...?  Guess I'll go check out Glockmeister...

What the guys say about the R9 is all true...starting with being worth the wait (at least it is once it's an afterthought).  Chances are you will be looking for new and unusual ways and reasons to carry this piece - if only to take the 'lil Pup out for walks...!!  With such a small powerhouse in hand you will be wondering how you managed without it for so long...?...!!  Then one day soon after will come the revelation that one R9 in hand is good...followed by a look at your other hand and the fact it is empty.  In my case the wife learned about my #2 R9 long before #1 finally arrived (actually, I'm still waiting for #1, but that's another story for another time.

The R9...you GOTTA love 'em...LOL...!...TW<<  

Offline BamaTex

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 10:45:21 PM »
Ture, shipping plain is better. If you will notice when you receive merchandise from companies, they use initials. But, if you are sending something to, Kershaw Knives for instance, the person delivering to the company knows what is in each and every package. And there is nothing you can do. Also, people who deliver know ALL the companies, their logos and initials, whether it be USPS, UPS, or FedEx. You just have to hope everybody is honest. And some are not. That is why I have a job.

But anyway, to answer TW's questions. The mag sleeve covers the extneded part of the mag, making the mag the same size and shape as the grip. I think if you look on Glockmeister.com you will see what I am trying to explain.  If not, I will see if my son can make photos and post them. Let me know.  

Trust me, I am already resisiting the temptation to order another. I keep telling myself, there are other guns I need worse than two R9s. I think.  And, I have a Hedley pocket holster waiting for the new guy.  

Until tomorrow.
BamaTex