Author Topic: 2006 SHOT Show -- First Rohrbaugh Report  (Read 13896 times)

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
Re: 2006 SHOT Show -- First Rohrbaugh Report
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 02:38:42 AM »
yes, Ks do matter.  I'm just about to get my 1st R9s and I'm having to be creative to fit it into the budget.  But with IRAs, College Funds for children (no children yet, but its never too early to start), and buying our first house there are just so many other things that I could and should spend that much money on instead

Thankfully, my wife is amazing financially and as a person or else I might not even be getting my first R9s.
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 10:41:51 AM »
Dave, it will be here when you are ready.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline bluegun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 12:43:43 PM »
dear santa.  i want an all black one.  and i want an engraved one.

good boy? . . .

er, never mind.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2006, 02:01:01 PM »
They are beautiful.  I don't usually think of handguns as investments but these surely will be.  I guess it is hard to guess what things will be worth in the future.  Are any of the already manufactured Rohrbaughs considered more valuable than others?  For instance, are the ones with blue grips more valuable than the ones without?  Are the discontinued silver anodized frames more valuable than the current ones?  Enquiring minds want to know.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2006, 02:36:46 PM »
Murray -- you would think the older (early models) would be worth more -- but only to the right person.

There are several potentially collectable models -- all blue grip models, all models without the R serial number prefix, Farmingdale slides, models marked R-9s on the slide, etc.

There is also one custom serial number model -- Blackhawk1.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:37:40 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »
Duane  I also have custom serial #  DTM 39  Don't know if it makes gun collectable, But it makes me feel good.  Deer Park slide  Set of blue grips  also Set of black.  Don't know if there are any others. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline pocketgun

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »
I am not considering the R-1000, but I think a lot of posters on this thread are looking at it the wrong way.  Think of it for the investment/collector value if Rohrbaugh continues on its present path.  In five years, could it be envisioned that it sells NIB for $6000?  Maybe $7000?  Considering how many fans Rohrbaugh already has, and the financial postition of an average buyer who can afford a $1000 pocket pistol anyway...

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »
I am not considering the R-1000, but I think a lot of posters on this thread are looking at it the wrong way.  Think of it for the investment/collector value if Rohrbaugh continues on its present path.  In five years, could it be envisioned that it sells NIB for $6000?  Maybe $7000?  Considering how many fans Rohrbaugh already has, and the financial postition of an average buyer who can afford a $1000 pocket pistol anyway...
I think it's a mistake to buy this or any other gun as an investment. Buy it because you like it and want to own it. If it appreciates in value, consider it a bonus. But if you want to make money, there are many ways to get a better return on your money.

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 02:56:03 AM »
Regarding the black finish, did anyone from Rohrbaugs say whether or not we coul dhave our R9s finished in black if we send them back?

Offline eblackhawk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 08:33:15 PM »
Does anyone have an update as to when the black finish version will become available?
                                            Eric

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2006, 02:18:44 AM »
Does anyone have an update as to when the black finish version will become available?
                                            Eric
Let me ask a similar question ... does anyone know when the silver finish models will become available?

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 07:57:09 PM »
Re black and silver issues.

Spoke with Eric this evening and as I understand it, the silver finish frame ain't gonna happen - the interest at ShotShow was apparently more than lukewarm on that.  Or as Eric said - ''You could count the interest on one hand - and not all of it!"

The black for slides is a few months away - he could not be any more precise than that.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 04:15:07 AM »
Thank you for the reply.

I guess I was one of the few that wanted the silver model. I originally ordered the silver model but when it was my turn in to have the gun made, they discontinued the silver model due to technical problems. After the news from the Shotshow, I had hoped that it was being re-introduced.