Author Topic: Kahr Sues Diamondback Firearms  (Read 3707 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Kahr Sues Diamondback Firearms
« on: April 11, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
Interesting...

Kahr Arms Pursues Patent Infringement Lawsuit

PEARL RIVER, NY – Kahr Arms, the award-winning manufacturer of compact pistols based in Worcester, Mass, is currently engaged in a patent infringement lawsuit against Diamondback Firearms, LLC, the maker of compact .380 ACP and 9mm pistols based in Cocoa, Florida.

Seven U.S. patents cover Kahr’s unique locking, firing and extraction systems. The incomparable cocking cam trigger system employs a patented cam to both unlock the passive safety and complete cocking and releasing of the firing pin. The system provides a “safe cam action” and unbelievably smooth double action only trigger stroke, fast to fire in critical defensive situations.

These innovations found only in the Kahr pistol give the Kahr shooter an advantage in self-defense, home protection and duty or off duty use. The Kahr design is original, creating the smallest package possible in four defensive calibers – 9mm, .40S&W, .45 ACP and the .380 ACP.
Kahr has been producing compact pistols in Worcester since the early 1990s, and in the process has carved out a market segment for concealed pistol carry by properly licensed civilians and law enforcement personnel. In recent years, this market segment has attracted the attention of a number of large and small companies vying to gain market share as the larger pistol market has slowed down.

Kahr has been a leader and innovator in this market segment with over 40 different pistol configurations consisting of steel and polymer frames, four calibers and five barrel lengths. Kahr will continue to take necessary steps to protect their patented innovations.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Kahr Sues Diamondback Firearms
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »
They also sued Colt years ago when Colt used Kahr's offset feedramp design in the Pocket Nine.  Thats why Colt stop making that pistol so abruptly.

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 11:49:10 PM »
I heard that the Diamondback was about as reliable as the Kahr, which in my experience with three Kahr pistols wasn't very good....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »
I have a P380, a PM9, and a P40 and all have run 100% right out of the box and are a pleasure to shoot.  The P380 is the only 380 that I hate to stop firing when at the range since I put my Mustang away.  A local dealer here is selling the heck out of Diamondbacks as he is able to get them and they are cheap.  He has never received any bad reports.  
Everybody has a few bad ones I guess.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 10:20:36 AM »
I also have a P380 and a PM40 and traded my PM9 for another pup, no issues with any of my Kahrs. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
I also have a P380 and a PM40 and traded my PM9 for another pup, no issues with any of my Kahrs. :D

As we all know so well every maker has produced some good examples and some bad ones. My only Kahr is a P380 and the best thing I can say about it is that it was that experience that led me to buy a pup.

I guess that's a good thing -  I only wish that I had bought the pup in the first place - I could have saved a lot of ammo and anguish.

Offline DuggaBoye

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »
My P45 and PM45 have run very well.
DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DSC

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 07:30:23 PM »
I have had my fill of cheap undependable guns  ..... they soon become expensive.

I bought a S&W 642  ... Totally dependable & spent $10 on ammo

My Browning HP  ...... $200 to debug, but now 100% reliable

My Seecamp 32  ......$100 to debug (picky ammo) but 100% reliable

My Sig P232 ...... $1,000 and most unreliable gun I ever owned

The one that stunned me was the Sig Sauer. I took it to a gunshow to trade, and my $1000 was worth $200.