Author Topic: cwc Decides To Leave Forum  (Read 10112 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: cwc Decides To Leave Forum
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »
I did look through some PMs and found a picture that Corey sent me of a Premium Elite of which only 16 were made.  I'll see about posting it later.  I'm going to give Corey a call in a few days.  He is definitely a good friend.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »
  I had several dealings with Corey both buying and selling and think he is a stand up guy and he had wealth of information on the R9 and his offering will be missed.
  I understand not wanting to continue on a forum for whatever reason but to deprive current and future members of worthwhile information was not the right thing to do and not what I would have expected from Corey.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »
I agree, John, and in my limited exchanges with Corey I didn't have the impression that when he sold all of his R9s several months ago this forum, or any forum members, was the principal issue. All of the post and thread deletions seemed to be a final cutting of the cord to erase all connections with Rohrbaugh. There are no winners in this endeavor.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:54:54 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »
I'm going to see if I can get an answer from Corey in a few days.  I still have his phone no., although I may not be able to reveal why he left.  He may want it that way.  I do want to know if he's OK and will be the reason for the call. 
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
CWC is still active on the Seecamp forum and apparently has moved on the the Boberg as his 9mm carry ? (which from all I hear is not unreasonable...I have one on order also, but still will cherish my R9 even if the Boberg becomes the better primary or backup carry).  Still don't understand his apparent total repudiation of his time here and the destruction of the value he created for those who remain.  He seems like a knowledgeable and upright guy in every way otherwise.  Hope one of you who know him can mend any fences that we may have damaged inadvertently.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »

We didn't damage anything.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »
For those who were concerned, or interested I called Corey he is fine, but I think a little more than upset. Something took place between a forum member(s) or administration or ownership and him. I am not sure and I will not say any more because it is really none of my business. I will say and remind myself as often as possible, choose your words carefully and certain words should never be used between men unless you damn sure know what you are saying is correct and the truth. A virtuous man is hard to find.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:14:07 AM by Phsimone »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »

Phil,

That is not the reason he sold all of his R9s. Even if that were the case he shouldn't have taken his marbles on the forum and gone home. He had a personal issue with Rohrbaugh and it went downhill from there.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 09:57:43 PM »
I agree he should not have taken all his marbles, to me they were not his to take once they were posted.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
Que sera sera
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »

Absolutely; time to move on.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 10:59:31 PM »
Moving on, until I have more info!    :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »

The only one who can explain this one is Corey himself; not likely.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »
You said yourself, moving on.  Let's do it!    :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:01 PM »

Ok.