Author Topic: cwc Decides To Leave Forum  (Read 10017 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: cwc Decides To Leave Forum
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 11:40:49 PM »
I consider Corey a good friend,and surprised to see that he "erased his" time here??

I feel kind of responsible for him catching the R9 bug,selling him his first Pup!!

I do know that he had some kind of situation occur with one(or both)of the R Bros,but that was sometime ago.

I assumed the selloff of his Pups was because of that..

I cannot fathom why he would delete his threads,that appears on the face of things,mighty petty..

I just wish the best for Corey..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »
All,

I received an email from Corey.  He had personal reasons for leaving that have been developing for some time.  I am not sure the specifics are relevant or important, or even that I understand all of them.  However, he is fine -- he has just chosen to move on.

Corey didn't fully realize what he was doing with the deletions, and didn't intend to delete other members' posts in the process.  He didn't think he had the ability to do that -- and frankly the software shouldn't have allowed it.    He sends his apologies to the forum for the loss of the information.  He has offered to make hundreds of R-9 photos in a Photobucket account available through another forum member, and I encouraged him to do that.

I don't believe any "vandalism" was intended -- only a severing of ties.  I believe he would have done this differently if he had understood the impact.  However, I have told him that there are no hard feelings.

I agree that we all should move on and not beat a dead horse.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »

Phil,

That is not the reason he sold all of his R9s. Even if that were the case he shouldn't have taken his marbles on the forum and gone home. He had a personal issue with Rohrbaugh and it went downhill from there.
/quot

If they were his marbles why could he not leave and take them with him?
robertmeco

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »
Arguably, when you post information it becomes part of the public forum.  The software should not have allowed that -- but I was anware of some deep "permissions" settings that allowed that to happen.  It won't happen again.  Everyone is on notice that when you post something, it becomes part of the record here (so long as it is not inappropriate or off topic or whatever).  If there is a reason to delete a thread, I will do it.

I don't understand why Corey wanted to erase his contributions, but he did.  In retrospect, I am sure he would have approached it differently.  I am at peace with it.

Thanks.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »
I just spoke with Corey and I will not go into specifics.  He is fine and he has said he will email me photos.  Truly, a fine friend to have.  Thanks, Corey.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »

On a positive note, thanks to Duane, Tech Guy, and some generous forum members we have had the pleasure of being spam free this year.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »
+1
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 01:50:34 PM »
Ha!  Our spam filter is awesome.  Don't think they are not trying, but the software is blocking them at every turn so far.  8)
Duane (DDGator)

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »
Call it what you will.  It looks like he was really pissed off.
Trailblazer Investigations Inc

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »
I just spoke with Corey and I will not go into specifics.  He is fine and he has said he will email me photos.  Truly, a fine friend to have.  Thanks, Corey.

I am sure he is fine,that is good to hear!!

Photos are all well and good but losing what I said about a particular gun,or what you had to say about that gun in that thread is LOST..I understand that he may have thought he was just taking what was "his",but he also took everyones info about that particular gun,what they had to add!!

Yes I know,we must go on,but some of us have given a lot of thoughts and information that is gone,and will never get it back..

Many of us helped out with getting the upgrade for the forum so we did not lose the old info,so yes it is a "bummer"..

From an old timer on the forum..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »

Excellent thoughts and words, Brenden.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »
I think at one time or another we have all done something we wish we hadn't or wish we had done it differently and I think this is one of those times for Corey. It is sad what has been lost and may never be replaced but all we can do now is move forward and try and cope with not only the loss of all the information but the loss of a very knowledgeable, respected  and well liked member.

John

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »

All of this could have been prevented by one person.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 07:00:15 PM »
I think at one time or another we have all done or said something we wish we hadn't or wish we had responded differently. :)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »

There is no question about that, but petulant revenge usually results in a second set of unintended consequences. This is a good lesson for all of us.