Author Topic: For Sale: R9S, two holsters (Michigan)  (Read 14877 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: For Sale: R9S, two holsters (Michigan)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 12:08:59 AM »
Dave - shame on you  ::) ;D ;D  You know it is inevitable! ;)

Video eh - now there is an idea - yes indeed it may well be a good notion.  I'll give that some thought and see what we can do - tho have to keep it nice and short ideally.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 12:36:59 AM »
Chris
Could do the video in two parts - disassembly - Reassembly
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 01:18:01 AM »
Yep - that would seem logical, tho it'll depend maybe on how long the running time is - if not over long when edited then perhaps also worth offering whole thing as one deal.

I will give this some thought over next few days and see what I can come up with.

Watch this space!!
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 10:37:16 AM »
I remember the first time I field stripped my R9.  I was sitting at the kitchen island at Critter Creek.  Disassembly was a snap.  Getting it back together that first time was a real puzzle.  I finally enlisted my little wife to provide a well-manicured "third hand."  Over time, we became rather good at the job.  It wasn't until I had one of RJ's "Stop Sticks" that I started reassembling the "pup" without her help.  She was pleased to be relieved of the task -- complained that the solvent damaged her nail polish.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 11:38:57 AM »
tracker & Dave & others,

Please take the thing apart at your earliest convenience.

There is probably only one R9S owner who had any problems, and you are looking at him.

My latest debacle was strictly caused by the owner not having enough common sense to push the pin back in, all the way, instead of flush with the left side.  That's why the slide would not move afterwards.

It would help to have channel lock pliers to hold the spring assembly as you stick it back into the front of the gun.

Consider using a tapered stick to hold the slide open to align the pin with the holes.  I don't remember the distance the slide is opened.  Perhaps it is around 1/4 inch, or whatever.

Clear off the table, sit down and relax, and you will absolutely do a fine job.  

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 02:24:23 PM »
One more note of caution, watch that end cap.  I launched mine across the room and under the wall unit.  It was a bugger to get out.  

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 02:31:33 PM »
You guys need to get a Ruger MK II and take it apart and put it back together then you'll ready for anything! :o ::) :P 8)
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 02:48:07 PM »
Newt,

I've heard bad stories about how difficult assembly is for that Ruger.

Rocnerd,

I had parts all over the floor.  The hardest episode was when the pin fell in the cuff of my slacks.  Almost did not find it.   Grrrrr.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 06:49:26 PM »
You guys need to get a Ruger MK II and take it apart and put it back together then you'll ready for anything! :o ::) :P 8)

Unfortunately,I don't own a Ruger MK II, but I've long wanted one.  However, for difficulty in reassembly, I'll also nominate that FN Browning 1922 about which I posted once before:  

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Other;action=display;num=1132519896

That thing remains the most difficult pistol to field strip and reassemble which I have ever owned.  It is interesting to me that the "monkey puzzle" 1922 was designed by the same genius who gave us the classically simple and timeless 1911.

Now -- I realize that I am contributing to thread drift.  This is a "For Sale" thread.  (I plead guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court. :-[ )

;)  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 07:03:19 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2005, 07:27:01 PM »
here comes da judge ::)
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2005, 08:07:17 PM »
Any of you guys ever do Lugers?[ in the spirit of thread drift ]

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »

I agree!!!
First time I attempted to take apart mine,it ended up being taken in a brown paper bag to the gunsmith!Of course when it said "tap" with hammer to "break loose" I was thinking "say what" ;) ;D
when i got it back ,after cleaning, ;)  I ended up taking it apart at least 20 times to make sure it was really possible.. ::)

Chris,
Could you please put some music to the video?It was so nice on your last download.. ;)
Seriously-anything would be great and a great service for the forum and all pup devotees!! 8) 8)
Sorry for the slight drift.. ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2005, 09:51:31 PM »
Bill

See - now you've belcome an instructor on field stripping the R9 - way to go.

Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »
Bill

See - now you've belcome an instructor on field stripping the R9 - way to go.
Dave

And the choir said, "Amen."  (Welcome back from the "cold," Bill!)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2005, 10:34:10 PM »
Brenden - I took some vid today but - tell ya what - Murphy watches such things and if there is gonna be something not go right - he'll make sure it happens!  Like getting things aligned which usually go fine - no - he'll make em tricky!  other thing too is trying to do habit things different just so camera gets a good view!

Not even sure yet if the darned vid cam is OK - re motor noise and the AGC is crazy - cuts in at slightest peak.  Oh well - whatever comes out of this will be "MkI'' vid set - because I doubt I'll be pleased at all and will redo it later.  Plus you guys will have to endure a Limey accent too :D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site