Author Topic: Stolen Gun Alert R9S  (Read 5192 times)

Offline 3danimator

Stolen Gun Alert R9S
« on: May 30, 2006, 10:45:41 AM »
Hi All,
I'm posting in the hope that someone sees my stolen gun somewhere. Friday night my car was burgled in my driveway. My wallet was taken along with an eyeglass case and my R9S serial # 449.
This was a Farmingdale R9s. The gun was stolen in the Tampa area of Florida. If anyone sees my gun PLEASE contact me and the police. I've reported it as a stolen weapon, so it will be traced back to me.
Thanks,
Steven Alexander
813-313-4749

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Stolen Gun Alert R9S
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 01:51:32 PM »
I will keep my eyes open for it ...
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:55:22 PM »
Steve - that sucks bigtime.

Well at least having the SN should help - spread that around as far as you can.

I shall hope for some better news eventually.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »
It would be cool if one of the forum members were to come across it and help bring justice.  

If not in this life, justice will occur.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 09:51:11 PM »
Steven:

That's a nightmare, but the R9 is no "Saturday Night Special."  The odds are that the weapon will surface and the smash-and-grab "perp" will be found.  (Back in the days when I was a prosecutor, I purely enjoyed slamming those thugs.)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline 3danimator

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 10:20:54 PM »
Hi All,
Thanks for your interest and comments on this matter. Richard S is in sync with what the police said. Since this is not your run of the mill gun, there is a better chance it will turn up somewhere. It's uniqueness will generate some curiosity and some sharp cop or some pawn shop will get it. The worse thing about the theft was that my car was in the driveway and I was in my neighbors garage directly across the street. My feeling is that the local kids are to blame. In talking with my neighbors I've found out that we've had a rash of things missing from cars in the past 2 weeks. (school's out).

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 10:26:24 PM »
Might want to add this to the classified section of the forum.  This will alert people looking to purchase.

Offline WoodstockDoug

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 12:08:14 AM »
Hmmm... wasn't Mayor Bloomburg recently in Florida?

Suspicious...

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 12:16:35 AM »
Keep checking Gunbroker & GunsAmerica to see if any Rohrbaughs come up for sale.

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 12:56:02 AM »
There's a gun show this weekend at the Tampa Fairgrounds.  You might visit the vendors and give them a heads up about it as well.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:36:01 AM »
There is one listed in Gun List this week for the Jacksonville area - PM me if you want the phone number.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Bagels and Locks...Was:..Stolen Gun Alert R9S
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 12:33:28 PM »
Hi All,
I'm posting in the hope that someone sees my stolen gun somewhere. Friday night my car was burgled in my driveway. If anyone sees my gun PLEASE contact me and the police. I've reported it as a stolen weapon, so it will be traced back to me.
Steven Alexander

This topic has been on my brain since it was originally posted. As a relative newby to the world of guns (3 years), I'm still freshly aware of my obligation to myself and the world wrt personal safety.

There are occasions when (like all of us) I can't take my R9 with me.
So here's what I do. I carry, in each car, a Life JacketŪ gun safe and leave it (empty) with the key in it (so I don't have to schlep), and use it every time I'm apart from my gun. I figure if I can't use it, certainly I don't want a bg to use it either. I don't have the Life Jackets permanently mounted, just leave it in the locked glove compartment.

If a bg gets it, he's gonna have to work REALLY hard to get it out. He can steal it, but he'd about have to destroy the gun to get it.

This is in no way a criticism of Steven Alexander or anyone else who has a gun stolen. It's just my experience I wanted to share.

I am not in any way related to Life Jacket and you can see their product at: http://www.life-jacket.com/lifejacket/modellj1.html
For $20-30, these can't be beat!

Now to go eat my Bagel!

Calvin Cooledge

"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline Seven

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »
The Life Jacket looks like a good product.  My solution to the same problem came with getting a small home lock-box (heavy steel construction) by Brinks from Wallyworld for about $10, then using some cable to secure it to the seat rails in my car.  Line it with some foam, and anytime I need to be apart from my gun, it goes in there and the key goes in my pocket.  Not a perfect solution, but at least it's a big deterrence to a bg (if he even finds it).

Like Science Fiction?  Read my novel for free:  
http://www.communionofdreams.com/

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 02:54:13 PM »
There is one listed in Gun List this week for the Jacksonville area - PM me if you want the phone number.

I had noticed that one too in my latest issue!!

I have looked every time for a pup in there ,and this was the first one that I have noticed!!

Steven,
Hope your Farmy pup finds it's way back home to you soon..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe