Author Topic: TW25b Lubricant Protectant  (Read 1579 times)

Offline willow

TW25b Lubricant Protectant
« on: October 09, 2006, 06:36:15 PM »
Anybody try this?  It's a synthetic grease used by the military.  Temperature range is -90 to +450 F.  Claimed by the manufacturer to be an excellent lubricant that resists wash off, wear off , burn off or evaporation and be heavy load bearing and protection under extreme pressure.  Made by Mil-Comm Products. Wondered how it would work on a R9?

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: TW25b Lubricant Protectant
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:01:53 PM »
I have used a lot of TW products and liked them all.

Offline willow

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:42:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I have been given a lifetime supply by a friend.  I have a syringe, a squeeze tube and a very large aerosol container. So it's natural I want to use it but not on my R9 if it jeopordizes the gun.

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 11:03:42 PM »
No, don't use it.  It's horrible stuff that will not work and grind your R9 into metal shavings.  

I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands.  Ship it all to me ASAP.  I'm such a nice guy I'll even pay shipping.  I can;t let you use that junk on your R9, so I'm willing to pay you to ship it to me to make sure that does not happen!

HAHA!  Actually, it's great stuff.  Use it lightly, you don't need much.  

Offline willow

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:54:25 PM »
jarcher,
 I have a friend who is a writer.  He did a review on the stuff and they supplied a bunch for evaluation. I was a recipient of enough to literally be a lifetime supply for me.   That is a Syringe, toothpaste type tube and 16.9 oz. aerosol can.  To repay your kind offer...Send me your R9 and when I am done shooting it in a year or two, I will clean it and lube it with TW25b before returning it.
Willow

There is nothing a guy can't fix with several hundred dollars  or a thirty aught six.
Jeff Cooper

Offline Erich

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 09:16:12 PM »
I've used it with great results on any number of semiautos, including my R9s. Great stuff - I won't buy anything else now.

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 01:11:54 AM »
How does this stuff compare to Militech oil?
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern