Author Topic: SHOT Show 2016  (Read 8497 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: SHOT Show 2016
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »

Thanks, all.  I am sorry, I did not get back by the Glock booth after your message...

I did bet on 9 on the roulette wheel -- it's one of my regular numbers.  I didn't make a killing, but I left Las Vegas with some of their money.

I may consider getting an RM380.  I do not currently have an assignment to review one, but I'm working on it.

The most exciting thing (for me) at the show was the new Kimber K6s revolver.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 08:32:29 AM »
   Thanks any ways Duane.
     For peace of mind I did call Glock to get the low down on the 43,as far as if the 2 are identical in all respects.I had heard the tennifer process might be different depending if the handgun is manufactured in Austria,as opposed to here in the US.
            The guy I talked to assured me it was not.So that's that I guess.
                                                                                                                     Have a good week,
                                                                                                                       Johnny

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »
Duane, if you left Vegas with ANY of their money you have done better than I ever did.  Congratulations!  ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:31 PM »
Last time I was in Vegas, I stopped while I was ahead. I cashed out and keep the receipt. Have it somewhere. I thought it was funny. The cash voucher was for. . . . . wait for it!. . . . . _____   .01 cent! . . . . But at least I won!  lol
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 09:12:39 AM »

I am not a big gambler -- I enjoy the comraderie of sitting at a blackjack table if you find the right one.  On the trip of 4-5 days like that, I would plan to lose no more than say $200 or so if things go very badly.  I left up $150, and spent a fair amount of time playing, so that is a win/win.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »
Good job Duane!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »
The last time I was in Vegas I found myself up by $300 after some time at the slots and tables. I decided to spend a couple of hours with the Daily Racing Forum and place the entire amount on a Trifecta at a track I once patronized in Maryland. This was to be straight Trifecta, no box or key bet for me -- just all out and 1,2, 3!

Two hours later I had selected the race and picked a Trifecta. After placing my $300 bet I sat there drinking a beer and waiting for the race to start.

At post time the odds were such that my $300 Trifecta ticket was set to pay in excess of $6,000. Everything went as planned until the final furlong.  Suddenly, my number three horse faded to fourth and finished  behind some late closer by a nose.

Close but no cigar!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 01:33:41 PM »

Richard -- I often have a similar pattern.  Once I am playing with house money I like to increase the odds a bit to see if I can hit a serious score.  I went up about $300 on my first day and I spent the next couple days trying to lose it and was only half-way successful!

Duane (DDGator)