Author Topic: ***R9S Cogan***What's a guy to do?  (Read 9197 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: ***R9S Cogan***What's a guy to do?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 06:41:30 PM »
I posted a question about my dilemma about the Cogan, and everyone wants to talk about gun barrel problems.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 06:57:03 PM »

So, buy another R9. Personally, I wouldn't carry a pocket pistol with a ported barrel but to each his own. You seem to cherish it enough not to inflict any wear or tear, so it seems you answered your own question.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »
Duane

Here is a link to the old thread.  You are the person reviving this so lets hear what your opinion is. 

I have had two of them.  It cuts velocity by 30 to 40 fps and are a nightmare to clean.  In fact I truly believe that you never get all the crud out.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5258.msg63427#msg63427

There is no one I have talked to that says this is normal or acceptable.

Here is a picture of my current barrel.  What is your opinion?

Eric's opinion was that if the gun goes bang, it's not a problem.

All I know is that this pistol is impossible for me to sell without a new barrel.

I clearly did not revive the barrel discussion.  I don't know what I am seeing in that pic.  I already said I don't think I would know the difference, and I wouldn't assess it from a pic anyway.

If Eric told you that "if the gun goes bang, it's not a problem," that is different than the discussion he described to me.  I understand that he and Karl put a lot more analysis into the question than that.  I know they looked at a lot of other barrels from other manufacturers in evaluating yours.  That is exactly the type of characterization of the dispute that I didn't want to let slide.  Maybe your argument devolved to that point when you couldn't reach an agreement, but "too bad so long as the gun shoots" was never been the standard for warranty repair at Rohrbaugh.

This thread has drifted and I should have just let it go, but the one-sided nature of comments and the negativity I see around here sometimes gets my goat.  I really don't want to talk about the barrel situation again.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 11:07:01 AM »
I agree to end this after I clear one thing up.

What Eric had Maria tell me, he refused to talk to me on the matter when I asked, was: 

"All their barrels looked like that because of their manufacturing process and they had no better ones to replace it with.  Besides, if the gun functions why would I care what the barrel looked like".

The gun did not function either and Maria bought it back.

Thanks Duane.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 11:28:32 AM »

Fair enough.  Thanks.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com