Author Topic: VZ Blue Carbon Fiber Grips  (Read 32842 times)

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
Re: VZ Blue Carbon Fiber Grips
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
Thanks KJ & Z! They look a lot better in person. The camera can't quite capture the 3D look of real carbon fiber. The texture on them is pretty nice as well. I'm not as anxious to get the checkered grips anymore.

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
Gun Blast FINALLY conducted a review of the Rohrbaugh and it has the blue CF grips WITH the Rohrbaugh Crest on it!!! Unbelieveable. I distinctly asked for the blues with that and was told they didn't offer that option. I really wish these people would get their sh*t together!!!! Ripped off yet again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQLT6LyT8sQ&feature=digest_wed

Mark
Mark

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 07:57:36 AM »
Gun Blast FINALLY conducted a review of the Rohrbaugh and it has the blue CF grips WITH the Rohrbaugh Crest on it!!! Unbelieveable. I distinctly asked for the blues with that and was told they didn't offer that option. I really wish these people would get their sh*t together!!!! Ripped off yet again...

Mark

Excellent video on the Rohrbaugh Tribute, Mark.  Thanks!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
Nice video! I would image this particular R9 is owned by Rohrbaugh and loaned out to different companies for reviews. With that in mind, the grips with the crest might be pre-production prototypes and the only ones with a crest. Why they decided not to have the crest on the production grips could be due to cost or a host of other reasons. The crest or checkering would have been nice, but I'm pretty happy with the grips as they are.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 10:37:52 AM »

Mark

I would be willing to pay even a small premium to have the option for the crests on the grips...IMHO it completes the look since all other factory grips come with crests. Especially since they were made for the tribute model which is a tribute to the originally silver framed R9s which had crests on the Blue CF grips.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »
Good point, Ryan;  I would be willing to do the same.  The crest needs to be there.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »
Good point, Ryan;  I would be willing to do the same.  The crest needs to be there.

I agree!

Offline fine9

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
Only difference I can tell from my Tribute blue grips and VZ's black grips is the blue ones are smoother, while the black have more tactical feel for grip.

Does anyone know how many Tributes have been manufactured?  Thanks.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 07:25:10 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, fine9 and congrats, for sure, on the Tribute.  Maria at the factory could tell you the number made so far; 1-800-803-2233.  Again, welcome and enjoy that Tribute.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:32:46 PM by kjtrains »

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2012, 11:59:20 AM »
Ken (or anyone else) is there any news on adding the crests to the blue VZ CF Tribue grips? Hopefully they will come around and offer this.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2012, 12:51:52 PM »
Ken (or anyone else) is there any news on adding the crests to the blue VZ CF Tribue grips? Hopefully they will come around and offer this.

Ryan.  No change that I know.  Maria was very firm on the issue of not having them per Karl.  We can keep asking, though; may help.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »
I spoke to Maria.

She said karl was not happy with the placement of the Crest and they will not be offering it. I told her i would be willing to pay extra. She said she does not see it happening.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »
I know this doesnt mean much but it seems to differ from the post Duane did during Shot Show 2012 where he announced

"Rohrbaugh Custom Shop

Maybe the best news for some of you.  Rohrbaugh is going to start offering custom "one off" R-9s to your specs.  A couple examples are shown below. More details on these two later--both are for sale."

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5955.0

I'll take one Tribue with "custom" Rohrbaugh crest on the grips please......
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »
I thought the same thing about the grips; looks like that would be an easy request to accomplish.  I'll keep asking.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2012, 02:07:51 PM »
I know this doesnt mean much but it seems to differ from the post Duane did during Shot Show 2012 where he announced

"Rohrbaugh Custom Shop

Maybe the best news for some of you.  Rohrbaugh is going to start offering custom "one off" R-9s to your specs.  A couple examples are shown below. More details on these two later--both are for sale."

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5955.0

I'll take one Tribue with "custom" Rohrbaugh crest on the grips please......

Make that 2! :)