Author Topic: Anyone use camera or similar belt case for R9?  (Read 6881 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Anyone use camera or similar belt case for R9?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »
Nice rigs chameleon, I like your tactics.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Capt_Leigh

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »
Hey guys,I picked up a belt case yesterday called a "Bulldog".It is about 15 bucks at the gunstore,and I think that Taurus includes one with some of their pocket pistols.
At first glance it appears to be too small to hold a pup,but it fits perfectly.It is made of Cordura,with magnetic snaps.This design is well thought out in that it is designed to hold the pistol upside down grip forward,and as you push up from the bottom the grip swivels up into your hand naturally and is much faster than any pouch I have ever tried before. The case has both a belt clip,and a belt loop,I've found the belt loop to be more secure.I think I will use this alot in the summer, with pockets full of wallet, surefire flashlight, keys and phone, there's not much room left.I've only used it one day so far, but enjoyed the feeling that I didn't have to worry about showing steel when bending over,and I didn't have to have shirt un-tucked. ;D
"If your only tool is a hammer,every problem looks like a nail"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
Another option, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline TomInTexas

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »

Would you mind posting where these pouches can be purchased, particularly the one pictured on the top-right (if it has a belt clip).  

Thanks,

Tom in Texas

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
   TomInTexas, welcome to the campfire. Get comfortable, stay awhile. I've seen some of your posts on the Seecamp forum, nice to have you here as well. Enjoy      Gene
birdman

Offline TomInTexas

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 02:09:57 AM »
Thanks, Gene.  I am thinking about picking up a Rohrbaugh 380 to pair up with my LWS 380... and this seemed like the place to get some good info before doing so.  Tom in Texas.  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
TomInTexas.  Welcome to the Forum and wish you the best in acquiring the Rohrbaugh .380.  I do like the Seecamps as well.  Come back often.  Again, welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
TominTexas, welcome to both the Seecamp and Rohrbaugh forums, enjoy. from another Tom in Texas. ;D
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum TominTexas,  if you need help finding that 380, Tom Watson at the Irish Gaurd, on one of the banners of this forum will treat you right.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 08:38:02 PM »
Tom In Texas, that pouch is called an IPS (In Plain Sight) made by Jim Powell in Alvin Texas.
I can not find his contact info at the moment.

Offline Fatboy

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 08:58:17 PM »
The IPS holster is available at www.leatherandstuff.net, along with some other cool looking things.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »

As noted before, Jim, from leatherandstuff is recovering from surgery and not in the shop yet; hopefully, soon.

Offline Fatboy

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 09:13:34 PM »
Good to know tracker, I missed that bit of info before. Hope his recovery is speedy and problem-free.

Thanks!

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
This is available on the Seecamp Forum for a Seecamp..

http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286551492

Do not know the seller..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline wilme2

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
Hey guys,I picked up a belt case yesterday called a "Bulldog".It is about 15 bucks at the gunstore,and I think that Taurus includes one with some of their pocket pistols. ;D

I have a pleather BullDog and it works good.  A little too wide tho - it holds the gun horizontally, which isn't the best plan IMO.  I think I got it from Natchezss.  

The best in plain sight holster I picked up by luck at a LGS, and was suprised to see it list the Rohrbaugh as a specific fit.  It isn't that small, but carries an extra mag - the DeSantis EZ-Rider.  Sure it is a little too large even to be a oversized phone, and it zips shut which might be an issue when in need, but it is so easy to take on and off, it works great as a combo car case/holster...  When I get out of my car in a bad area, I just pull it out of the car door and clip it (paddle) on my pants...  Just maybe in those situations I am not trying to be as discrete as I would be otherwise...