Author Topic: Your Humble Reporter Here...  (Read 1710 times)

Offline eblackhawk

• Sharpshooter
Your Humble Reporter Here...
« on: October 23, 2005, 04:50:04 PM »
I said I would return with a report about my first time out with my R9S.   I took my Raven .25 along with the pup because the slide had to be replaced on it due to a rather large crack and I wanted to try the new one out.  Well, the R9S did not disappoint me in any way!  I put 120 rounds through it made up of WWB FMJ, Gold Dots (124gr.) Federal Personal Defense Hydro-Shok and a few Wolf FMJ.  My son and I alternated using the gun and he loved it from the get-go!  We both were pleased with the accuracy and performance of this pocket rocket!  Recoil was sharp but manageable and we really could not tell the difference in recoil from any brand we tried.  We tried slow aimed shots followed by rapid fire and the accuracy from both was about the same.  Both my son and I noticed something peculiar, however.  We both had a tendency to re-arrange our two-handed grip with each shot.  I don't know if that was due to the small grip or the slickness of it or both.  What we both DID notice was that our accuracy improved using only a one-handed grip!  Future tests will tell.  Compared to the R9s, my raven sounded like a cap pistol! All-in-all, a great first outing with the pup!  I now declare that the Rohrbaugh will displace my Kel-Tec P3-AT as my constant pocket companion!  8)
                                                           Eric

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Your Humble Reporter Here...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 05:33:43 PM »
Eric - sounds like it all went well without any problems.  Seems like you have a winner.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 06:07:10 PM »
YEP! ;D ::)
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 11:33:10 PM »
eblackhawk, sounds like you had a great shooting session with your Rohrbaugh (aka pup). I've also found I do better with the one hand hold on small pistols, like the pup and the KelTec 380. One handed shooting (with practice) even works a little better with my Kahr PM9. I guess if the stuff ever hits the fan and a pistol is needed to defend yourself you probably woun't have time to take a 2 hand hold. The Rohrbaugh is a sweet shooting pistol.