Author Topic: Warranty question-  Karl?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Kayaker

Warranty question-  Karl?
« on: December 29, 2009, 03:38:28 PM »
Looking at the official Rohrbaugh website, I see that the warranty only applies to the first owner of guns purchased through licensed dealers.  From this, unless we hear otherwise, this would mean that anyone purchasing a lightly used R9 does not have a warranty on it.  In the case of a gun that only has had a few rounds put through it, it would not be possible to assume that the gun is free of the rare, but not unheard of factory glitch.

I was wondering if Rohrbaugh would be willing to extend the warranty on lightly used  guns to a non-original owner.  This would keep the price up on used guns.  In the absence of this, I for one, would only buy a used R9 if it were significantly discounted from MSRP or if I knew the original owner and he could vouch for its performance for the first hundred rounds.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Warranty question-  Karl?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »

Some past posts have indicated that the factory may transfer the warranty to the new owner if the gun is returned to them for inspection. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »
I agree.  I have read that as well.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »
The warranty statement that you speak of is pretty much standard in the industry.  
This protects the company from guns that have been abused and transferred.

We've all read testimonials in various gun rags of top gun companies worth their salt standing behind their product fixing guns for free way beyond their warranty and even transferred many times over.

Every company knows that "goodwill" goes a long way.

Reinz
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:42:56 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 08:03:58 PM »
I have been fortunate to have purchased aftermarket R9s that were intact, by which is meant unfired and warranty card had not been completed and forwarded to the factory.

My Robar R9s is a case in point: the gun I purchased during the summer which I have carried daily ever since. First thing I did was submit the warranty card.

I sold a Stealth during the summer and I sent it to the factory because there was a defect (black finish on left side of slide). This turned out to be a negative experience for me as it took a lot of time and effort to accomplish and I had substantially discounted the gun to $850.00

The recipient was the beneficiary as he got a gun that had few rounds through it, had aftermarket aluminum grips and the benefit of factory refurbishment on my dime (warranty).

I know of no non-warranty claim upheld by the factory but the point made as to goodwill is well taken

Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson