Author Topic: Choosing a .22 Rifle  (Read 7581 times)

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
Re: Choosing a .22 Rifle
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »
10/22 is my pick....

I have one that is outfitted with a integraly suppressed barrel and a competition McMillan stock. Accurate as hell and quiet with the exception of the sonic crack. Glass is a Weaver "Grandslam" target dot. Needless to say, rodent population drasticly decreases inside 100 yard radius of the compound.

Even before the "stock" barrel was replaced, it would shoot ragged one hole groups that could be covered with a quarter at 50 yards. (It was the "bull" type hammer forged) The weapon was relatively short but as far as I know,I am not aware of a 10/22 that is easy to "take down".

Only thing more accurate would be some of the higher end bolt guns like the Kimber.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:26:25 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
I had a Ruger M77 bolt action, with a can instead of normal bbl and it was very accurate and quiet. Very fun to shoot.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Craigt

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
Thanks for all the input.  I thought that I would narrow down my decision but there are so many good choices!  Makes it tough.  Might help for me to go look at some.

The folding stock might be a helpful feature.

Any new thoughts are most encouraged.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »

Another thought is a GSG-5 rifle with a folding stock; it weighs about 5 lbs., though. I've read some good reviews on these and they appear to be well built.

http://www.gsg5rifle.com/category/1694-GSG_5_Rifless.aspx

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
Very interesting.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
Was looking at a S&W AR looking 22 rifle the other day at a local shop. Can't remember the model designation but it looked well made and boy was it light!
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »

That is the M&P 15-22. It is quite well made and functions much better than the Colt equivalent, according to some gun salesmen I know at my shop. They like the Sig also. The problem with the Colt was failures in cycling. They have fired all of them and like the S&W.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 05:50:23 AM »
I looked at this and liked the 25 mag count.  You can do some serious prinking with this.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln