Author Topic: Sig P238:  Too bad it isn't a 9mm  (Read 10205 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Sig P238:  Too bad it isn't a 9mm
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »
Chief.  Where've you been?  Been over a month.  Does seem like you've been busy.  Hope you find the Nighthawk T3.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »
 I guess it has been a while.  We ran out to Arizona and played for a few weeks, then when we got back, my brothers stopped by on their way to taking the motorhome from Ohio to Hilton Head for the winter.

One of my brothers is the reason why I am having the work done to my Talon II.  He was firing the gun at the range and got a bad round. Since he was unfamiliar with the gun , he did not realize it and so he fired another round through it while the bad bullet was lodged in the barrel, Negaiting the barrel. Hence the pistol gets sent off to Nighthawk for some upgrades. I do not like rebuilding something as good as it was, I always look for improvements/upgrades. The system I am going with is something Nighthawk has just started getting into.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »
Cheif - I assume your brother was not hurt?
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kcub

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »
Ya just gotta like this thing.  Very nice!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »
Cheif - I assume your brother was not hurt?

He is fine. The only thing that happened is the Barrel got a bulge in it.  Then , while I was troubleshooting the Talon, he did the same thing to my Predator. He said he felt no differance in recoil at all. The Predator's damage was a split Barrel. So they both went off to the factory.  It is a tribute to Nighthawk that this was all the damage done. The following day I disassembled all rounds in that box and discarded.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 08:56:26 AM »
Chief.  Knowing that Nighthawk makes excellent guns, your brother is a very lucky, lucky man.  Glad he's OK.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »

He is fine. The only thing that happened is the Barrel got a bulge in it.  Then , while I was troubleshooting the Talon, he did the same thing to my Predator. He said he felt no differance in recoil at all. The Predator's damage was a split Barrel. So they both went off to the factory.  It is a tribute to Nighthawk that this was all the damage done. The following day I disassembled all rounds in that box and discarded.
Chief

Chief,
  I'm glad no one was hurt, but I would think twice about letting your brother shoot any of your guns again. ;D ;D
 May be an oman. :o

John
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:23:52 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »
John.  I was thinking that, but glad you said it!    ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 04:03:08 PM »
Cheif - glad your brother and no else was injured.

Too bad if it Had to happen, it would rather have been a much lower priced handgun(s).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:03:48 PM by Reinz »

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
 Lower priced guns may have gotten someone hurt. I am not even telling my brothers it is costing me anything. Just told them "don't worry, lifetime warrantee"  I am looking at the upside, No one got hurt and I am getting my guns retuned by the factory. All pieces are being micrometered out, both guns are getting upgraded, and retested with test sheet just as new. They also went to the head of the line as far as working on them goes.  Nighthawk's policy is to take care of existing customers first. That is one reason why their customer service is #1

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 04:30:52 PM »

Were these reloads?

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
Good point about the lower priced guns.

And, LOVE that Nighthwak policy on existing customers!

Custom pricing comes with custom care.