Author Topic: Rossi Ranch Hand (Mare's Leg)  (Read 25342 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Rossi Ranch Hand (Mare's Leg)
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »
Surely, not!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 02:55:52 PM »
These are supposed to be out very soon.  Can't find a ship date yet, but one guy said he should have his first shipment by Nov.7th.  Placed my order for the .44 mag/.44 special with my local dealer, so we'll soon see how long it takes to get it.

By the way, if you don't like this gun, that's OK, but I'm gonna like it!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
in your arsenal
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »

The important thing is that you like it; some people might think it would be a handful in .44 magnum but you have much bigger punch in your arsenal than that one.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 05:13:33 PM »
44 mag is a toy next to the 454 Casull with a 2.5" barrel and the 500 S&W.  ;D ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 05:19:18 PM »

Just use both hands.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re:  in your arsenal
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 06:35:46 PM »
The important thing is that you like it; some people might think it would be a handful in .44 magnum but you have much bigger punch in your arsenal than that one.

I do like it and the punch definitely won"t be a problem.  If they made it in a bigger caliber I would have gotten that, however, it should be fun.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 06:42:03 PM »
44 mag is a toy next to the 454 Casull with a 2.5" barrel and the 500 S&W.  ;D ;D

John

The .454 and the .500 get the one handed treatment as does the Ruger .44 mag.  The Mare's Leg will be a different animal.  Will require two!     :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »
Just use both hands.

You're right.  Will require two, for sure.  Different type of gun.  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »
The Rossi Ranch Hand must be in dealer's hands now.  Here's one on GunBroker.  Hmmm.  My dealer hasn't called yet.    >:(

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=196900557

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
kj,
   Maybe you should get it in 45 Colt and get the chamber lengthened for the 454 Casull.  ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 07:01:06 PM »
Now there's a thought!    ;)

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
I think they're cool. I look forward to you getting it and telling us how you like.

David

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »
The gundealer here in town says he can't get this one, but is still trying.  Called one of the ones on GunBroker and he has only one; says they are hard to come by.  Called Rossi and they say they are available.  Gunbroker is $120 higher than our town dealer, due to scarcity, I would think.  

The dealer on gunbroker says his price is $299 when he doesn't have one.    ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:28:47 AM by kjtrains »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »
I just handled one this morning at my local dealer.  It was .45 Colt.  

Very interesting gun, and very cool.  I like it, but I am not sure if I want one.  It's too short to shoulder very effectively for me, so I am not sure how I would shoot it.

For me, .357 Magnum would be the way to go.

My dealer was talking about $450.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »
I'm wanting the 44. mag and town dealer's price is $430.  I wouldn't try to shoulder this one, as you're right, too short.  I'm just going to shoot it from the hip, and just a fun gun.