Author Topic: Hedley Holster for 2" S&W J-Frame .38  (Read 5392 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Hedley Holster for 2" S&W J-Frame .38
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
Let's be perfectly honest. Of the 7 or 8 good friends I have who sell alot on Ebay, all have adnmitted to me they or their friends run up bids.  It's the norm and not the exception.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
I dont care what "the norm" is.  Its against the rules and its wrong so why should I overlook it?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
Corey.  You shouldn't overlook it, and I would do exactly what you are going to do.  It isn't the norm and agree it's wrong.  I've been buying on Ebay for quite sometime now and have won more than I have lost and haven't noticed anyone running up the bids on me.

I buy Lionel Electric Trains all the time.  I do put in an automatic bid, knowing what I will pay, and let that do it's thing.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »

How do you prove it and how do you enforce it?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 06:01:56 PM »
Report it, like Corey is going to do.  The Ebay officials can then do their thing.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:19:52 PM »
I use eBay quite often for purchases, only rarely for selling. As such, I appreciate those sellers who are up front by posting a required opening bid they are willing to accept if it goes no further or by simply listing a "Buy-It-Now" price from the beginning. I've gotten into a few "bidding frenzies" with the One-Click-Bid feature in which I suspected that the sellers themselves might be driving the action.

The bottom line is that some auctions are a lot like poker.   8)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:20:59 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »

It also happens at live antique auctions or any other place where "Caveat Emptor" is the auctioneer.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »
I've been to a few of those, and decided I need not make it a habit!    ;D

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
I am not saying that running up the bid on your own stuff is right.  I am glad you are reporting it, but there is no way of proving it.  I spend a lot of time on Gunbroker and believe me, I know when it is happening and I get out.  Proving it is another matter.  I was just stating the facts.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 09:28:25 PM »

I agree and I doubt if this kind of gaming is very high on E-Bay's priority list. You can notify them if you wish but good luck on any substantive results.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 10:51:08 PM »
I,m sure ebay has the resources to check the sellers past auctions and see if there is a pattern with one or more late high bidders "backing out" after winning and the item being relisted.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 01:37:08 AM »
I do agree.  All needs to be done is reporting the act and the Ebay officials can take it from there.  
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:07:43 AM by kjtrains »