Author Topic: Boberg  (Read 24581 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »

Did you buy an LCP?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »
I did and it works as it should.   And I'm not lucky there either, but wait a minute; maybe I was in this case.  I didn't buy one of the first ones out if that's what you're getting at.  

However, I didn't wait on purpose.  Just happened to be after the recall.   :)  I guess that is fairly lucky; no question.    :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:03:27 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »
I'm not saying I like to be a test dummy.  I'm just saying I don't have the best patients.  Im all for waiting until the product is right before you start shipping.  I feel that's just what Boberg has done.  

I guess the wait has been.........sorta fun.  ;D ;D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 10:59:38 PM »
I bought one of the first LCPs and never had a problem and I liked it a lot. I did send it back for the recall work but not because I had issues and it was after things slowed down on the recalls.
   I had over 2000 rounds through it with no failures when I sold it after purchasing a Kahr P380.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »
I’m fortunate to be included in Boberg's first batch.
If all goes well, I should have my gun in a few weeks.
I’m certainly looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:48:37 PM by 68hodaka »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »
Looks like the first ones are ready to ship next week!  It's been a long wait since the February 2008 shot show.  I'm excited to start seeing some reviews and owner pics.

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 03:35:16 PM »
I "need" another pocket 9.  I'm getting bored with the DB9.  Time for some fresh meat.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »
I hope you were on the list otherwise I think it will be a bit of a wait. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:10 PM »
I got on the list as soon as they said they were accepting names for the preorder.  Still haven't heard a word.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 10:19:41 PM »
 ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »
I got on the list as soon as they said they were accepting names for the preorder.  Still haven't heard a word.

Ken I think the next group or orders will be very soon.  Maybe you will be in that group.   Do you remember when you got on the list?  I got on it 2-19-2008 I think.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 11:50:34 PM »
Corey.  I don't remember, but as soon as it was announced that they were taking names for the preorder, I sent Arnie an email and got a reply back that I was on the list.

I did send him another email and asked where I was on the list, but haven't gotten a reply; I know they're busy.

Offline sisco

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »
Anyone else besides me thinks the price is a bit high for that Boberg?  Maybe it's hard to say at this point but I am feeling that.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »

The market will sort out the price and the initial buyers will pioneer the kinks, if any.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
I don't think the price is so bad but the gun itself hits pretty high on the ugly scale for me. Plus it's too heavy to compete with the pup for pocket space. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson