Author Topic: DOUBLETAP  (Read 80481 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: DOUBLETAP
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 06:16:46 AM »
WOW very cool, I'm jealous. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 01:22:29 PM »
Ljutic.  Great news.  I can see why you're stoked.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 01:08:20 AM »

Maybe we'll know more on Nov. 12. Remember, Rohrbaugh and Boberg both took a few years to emerge from a concept to a reality.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
How come there are NO pictures on the web of the other side of this gun?  And where is the door to the 2 spare rounds at?  I think this gun is vaporware and is not a real gun yet.  That's just my thoughts as looking for pictures just now.

Got an email today from Ray Kohout of Heizer saying, right side pictures would be on the web site, soon, and that they look just like the left; his words.  Stay tuned.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »

Additionally, they have 9 Principals and key team members listed on their web site which is quite large considering other manufacturing startup staffs. I think this one is for real but it is a long road to the first sales invoice.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 06:07:54 PM »
Additionally, they have 9 Principals and key team members listed on their web site which is quite large considering other manufacturing startup staffs. I think this one is for real but it is a long road to the first sales invoice.

I think it's for real, as well, and expecting information soon on availability.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 07:45:19 PM »
A gun this small in .45 ACP probably has to be ported but I still have a problem with ported defense handguns because of the inherent danger of hot gases and increased noise level. No doubt, there will be sufficient demand to overcome these objections.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:46:24 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 07:58:10 PM »
I think it'll be just fun shooting a .45 this small; it will be interesting.  

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »
Unless I get a range report that says it explodes in your hands, I will end up getting one of these.

But it does make me think about what goes into a decision to carry one of these.  It's larger than a Rohrbaugh, slightly heavier empty and it only holds 2 rounds.

I mean why carry a pistol the size of a Rohrbaugh that only shoots 2 rounds, when you can carry a Rohrbaugh that shoots 7 rounds?

The only thing it really has going for it is that it is very slim.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »

It could be carried in addition to the R9.

Offline tennman

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 09:04:14 PM »

If 7 rounds would not get the job done at the R9's effective range I doubt 2 more would matter.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
Different mission.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »
I just like it!    ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 10:45:36 PM »

+1, and I always did like a derringer.    :)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 11:34:15 PM »
why carry it in addition to the R9 - just get another R9.

The only thing that it has over micromatics is that it won't jam or fail to feed, and you can fire it through your pocket and it will be ready to fire the next shot.