Author Topic: DOUBLETAP  (Read 80483 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: DOUBLETAP
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
It would be a true two shot, if you made it through two you would never shoot it again. :o for that matter you may never shoot anything again. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »

I think this one will top out at .45 ACP.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »
It's been six years since my orthopedic surgeon repaired my right arm and shoulder. I might as well test the durability of his work by shooting one of those "bonecrushers." If some part of me breaks or tears, he probably needs some new business anyway.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:07:26 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
It's been six years since my orthopedic surgeon repaired my right arm and shoulder. I might as well test the durability of his work by shooting one of those "bonecrushers." If some part of me breaks or tears, he probably needs some new business anyway.

Great attitude Richard.  ;D ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 06:38:35 PM »

Yep!  Go for it!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »
Thank you, gentlemen. I haven't had that much generous  encouragement since being urged by two of my fellow Army  officers (both of whom remained in the lodge chatting up some of the local Austrian Fräuleins) to ski the Hahnenkamm downhill course at Kitzbühel in 1966. The only thing I broke then was my left  ski -- wooden skis still being common back then. I made quite a sight clumping down the edge of the lower half of the Hahnenkamm course with the broken skis over one shoulder. (Somewhere in storage, I still have the forward part of that broken left ski.)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 11:23:42 PM »
kj, maybe a 500 S&W  :o ;D

That would be the one you let your attacker pry from your hand and let them try to shoot you with while you hunker down and cover your ears.  Can you imagine the pressure wave that thing would emit.   You would probably be deaf for life if you touched that thing off indoors.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 04:30:58 AM »
You may not only end up deaf but in a coma from it bouncing off your forehead. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »
It is very close to the R9 in length, height, and weight but narrower as you point out. Perceived feel in pocket carry between the two may be similar. The DOUBLETAP may have a slightly less obvious pocket print.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:48:00 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2011/10/heizer-updates-their-website.html

Some good news and some bad news.

Thanks for the info, Ljutic.  I'm still interested, as well.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 07:30:43 PM »
Decisions, decisions the Doubletap and the R45 may come out around the same time.
It's a no brainer which will be first on the list. ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 07:31:02 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »
Just get 'em both!    :D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »
Thanks for the update LJutic!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 01:33:14 AM »
The Heizer PR team pinged me today and asked for FFL info.  They may add me to their early reviewer list.  I'm stoked.  Since I'm only 5 hours away form St. Louis, I asked about a factory tour.  I'll keep you posted.