Author Topic: DOUBLETAP  (Read 80895 times)

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: DOUBLETAP
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:34 PM »

You couldn't give me anything with the name of hornady on it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »

You couldn't give me anything with the name of hornady on it.

I still use Hornady .44 mag 300gr.  hollow points; no problems.    :) 
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »
 FYI,

I put in an order with one of the distributors listed on the Heizer site. I was not given any time line on a delivery. So I sent an email to Heizer sale from their web site. I heard today shipments should start in September or October of this year.
  I had ordered the non-ported aluminum frame model. It is the least expensive and lightest. I then email the distributor back to say I would take whatever comes available first. I will keep you posted on any developments.
Which will come first the Heizer or the R45?

Robar233

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »

It will be the Heizer by a nose.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2012, 10:31:51 AM »

It will be the Heizer by a nose.

And a $1200 to $1500+ lower price tag.  :o
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »
FYI,

I put in an order with one of the distributors listed on the Heizer site. I was not given any time line on a delivery. So I sent an email to Heizer sale from their web site. I heard today shipments should start in September or October of this year.
  I had ordered the non-ported aluminum frame model. It is the least expensive and lightest. I then email the distributor back to say I would take whatever comes available first. I will keep you posted on any developments.

Robar233

Neither one is on my short list.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »
FYI,

Robar233

Neither one is on my short list.

MRC:

In reviewing your posts to the Forum, it seems that you spend a lot of time expressing your disdain for the Rohrbaugh line of pistols while expressing great admiration for other handguns such as the Boberg XR9 and the Kimber Solo. Since this is the "Unofficial Rohrbaugh Firearms Forum" supported by contributions from its members and the rotating banner of which proclaims it to be "A Gathering Place for Rohrbaugh Firearms Enthusiasts," it seems only fair to ask: What is your agenda, and whom are you hoping to convert?
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »
I have no agenda and I am seeking no converts.  I thought this is in the "Other Guns" section and has nothing to do about Rohrbaugh guns.

I just stated that I am not in the market for a 12 oz. 45 ACP Derringer nor a $2500 compact 45 ACP DAO pistol.

Don't fall off your soapbox.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
Sir, I have no soapbox. However, it would never occur to me to use another forum -- perhaps by way of example the Boberg Forum -- to criticize the products for which it was established. Let's just call it a matter of common courtesy and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:54:46 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
 All,

I was not looking to start a controversy! My interest in the Heizer is purely to carry in the yard while doing yard work. The LWS .32 does not like my sweaty front pocket. I was thinking one ball round and one bird shot for four legged critters. The only way I would want a two shot derringer off property would be as a back-up to another pistol.

More importantly, I sure as heck hope that a base model R45 is only $1400-$1600! I hope over 2K is WAY OFF!

Robar233

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »
Robar233  -  FYI

Here is a reply from DD Gator from the R45 threads on pricing.  Everything in maroon is DD's quote.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 10:13:56 PM »QuotePrice is not established yet, but will be north of $2,000 and probably north of $2,500.

To call the R45 a competitor to the Glock or Kahr is like calling the R-9 a competitor to the Diamondback DB9.  Think more like Les Baer or Wilson Combat...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:20:16 AM by MRC »

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »

How can a comparison of the R45 be made to anything since it isn't on the market yet?

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2012, 09:09:56 PM »
MRC,
 Thanks for the quote. I have not looked closely at the R45 posts. I really did not want to get my hopes up that high. I had no idea it was going to be that much more than a special edition R9.
 I bought my Robar edition because I traded in an ASP that I never carried for it. This order was placed after reading extensively the posts on this forum. I only got to look at a full engraved special edition R9 when I decided to order a R9. K5 Arms told me there was a special edition due out soon that he would be getting. An even trade would be doable for this model given the value of the ASP.
 If the R45 is not going to be a pocket pistol and it is going to be north of $2K I will have to think long and hard about getting one. At the very least it will have to be a hands on decision.

Robar233

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2012, 09:39:51 PM »
Relatively speaking, the R45 at north of $2,000 is less of a risk than some of us made when we placed our orders for the R9 in 2004, sight unseen.  There was no "hands on." Whether it suits one's purpose or not is a different matter; that is a marketing issue and will ultimately determine its success or failure.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:51:34 PM by tracker »

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »
Following is a recent letter from Ray Kohout, Heizer Defense President, updating the DoubleTapTM. There is a cover article on the gun in "Guns & Ammo" Sept. issue. Apparently, they plan to begin shipments to distributors in Sept.

Heizer Defense LLC
P: 855-2HEIZER
(855-243-4937)
www.heizerdefense.com
Aerospace Technology Firearms
To our valued customers:
Since HEIZER FIREARMS first introduced our new innovative Tactical Pocket Pistol the DoubleTapTM in November of last year at the NASGW show in Reno Nevada we have been overwhelmed with positive response and have orders for literally tens of thousands of pistols, beyond our wildest expectations.
During final engineering and testing of the DoubleTapTM as we came closer to full production we went from original Experimental Revision 1 guns to what are now Revision 8 Production guns. The final production guns incorporate over a dozen notable improvements (see below) and 7 patents pending transforming the original concept DoubleTapTM from what we introduced as a cool gun to an awesome gun.
Our original aggressive timeline to enter series production was scheduled for the first quarter of 2012. In order to incorporate all of the latest improvements into the DoubleTapTM we have now scheduled a vastly increased production schedule in an attempt to meet demand for the second quarter of 2012.
I sincerely apologize for this delay, however it is and always will be my direction within the company to produce new, innovative, state of the art aerospace technology firearms and if this calls for delays before full production begins, I am sure our customers will understand and appreciate this.
Revision 8 Production Model Improvements and Enhancements:    Front and rear low profile no snag sights    Melanite finish on stainless steel barrel assemblies Rockwell 65    Mil-Std CeraKote finish on Titanium frames and Hard Anodizing on Aluminum    Lanyard pin on rear of grip
   Serrations on the trap door compartment    A stronger needle bearing instead of ball bearing in the double action trigger system    A channel machined into the spare round compartment to secure rounds    Squared off the front of the 1911 style trigger for better ergonomics    Enlarged the HD pattern on the integral grips for more texture    Enlarged the rear palm swell area of the frame to reduce recoil climb    Simplified the ejector system for reliability    Engineered a “safe” hammer position to enhance safety
Additionally we have worked with major manufactures in the industry including DeSantis, Pelican and First Spear to introduce an exclusive line of accessories for the DoubleTapTM
Please stay tuned to our website at www.heizerfirearms.com or www.facebook.com\HeizerFirearms or https://twitter.com/heizerdefense for the most relevant shipping information.
Sincerely,
Raymond B. Kohout Founder HEIZER FIREARMS, LLC
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:22:44 PM by tracker »