Author Topic: Ad On Forum...  (Read 7263 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Ad On Forum...
« on: June 04, 2004, 10:26:51 PM »
This was on a forum that I frequent..Wanted to pass it on...

Currently taking orders for the new Rohrbaugh R-9 pistol. (The smallest 9mm pistol made today).
Retail price is (gulp) $945.00 Sale price will be $859.00
Current estimated delivery time is 3 to 4 months.
Their site for more information is: http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com

Rohrbaugh Firearms was formed to fulfill the dream of its founder to create an ultimate-quality 9mm automatic pistol that is easy to carry and to conceal. After six years of painstaking development, this dream is now a reality.

Like all great inventions, the Rohrbaugh 9mm was born of necessity. Over a 20-year career as a firearms instructor and handgun trainer, Karl Rohrbaugh long recognized the need for a truly effective self-defensive pistol. Time and again, his clients had complained that currently available handguns were too big and bulky to carry and conceal comfortably, and to use effectively.

Mr. Rohrbaugh also noticed that the trend among manufacturers toward making their products smaller has not produced high-quality firearms. With millions invested in their current products, manufacturers have chosen to cut corners by simply cutting back on barrels and grips to give their guns a smaller look and feel. No major manufacturer has committed to invest in the considerable new design work, R&D and retooling required to produce a truly effective smaller pistol.

With this void in the marketplace, Mr. Rohrbaugh invested years of his own time and experience to develop an entirely new handgun concept. The result is one of the best and safest self-protection weapons ever created.
Please email for ordering information if interested in getting one of these high quality pistols. Watch for their reviews in the next issue of American Handgunner and other magazines.
pfsales@welcomeyou.com
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 10:28:23 PM by Brenden »
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Ad On Forum...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 12:11:46 AM »
Much of that text was lifted directly from the Rohrbaugh website.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 04:09:59 AM »
Yes,I saw that also...

I guess they are trying to get info out on the "product" since very few are aware of this..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 11:23:53 PM »
Thats the cheapest price so far.

I wonder what dealer cost is???

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 11:39:25 PM »
Dealer cost is about $725 plus shipping, the last I knew.
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 11:41:12 PM »
This dealer is located in Detroit area..I am Northern Mi. so I have to make a trip or have sent to my local guy..
I have been looking for a while and it is least expensive that I have found too..
I believe I will take the leap..Only ? is sites,or no sites..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 01:15:36 AM »
Go with the sights.

A 3 to 4 month delivery time... LISC is promising a 30 day delivery -- I'm hoping they come through, it will be worth the extra $40 I paid.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 11:07:43 AM »
There is another thread on the "sights, or no sights" topic -- so far no one has come up with a good reason to forego the sights.  The only possible reason is to facilitate a draw from a pocket, but I don't think the small sights on this gun are much of a problem, and by all reports they are pretty functional too.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 11:55:55 AM »
Hi Brenden:

Who is the dealer? I live in St Clair Shores.

Don't worry, I will not buy the gun. I already have one.

As to sights. I guess I'm in the minority on this board. I own 3 Seecamps, and I have not had any problem with center of mass hits out to 10 yards.

From a marketing point of view, I would drop the MSRP of the R9 (the non-sight version) to under $800 to provide a clear economic alternative to the Seecamp 380.

The Seecamp 380 is being limited to 12 a week. It has a limited life expectancy. But there is a cult following surrounding the Seecamp. Steal some of the Seecamp thunder. Give dye-in-the-wool Seecamp fans, a real reason to try the Rohrbaugh. A 3 month wait is a hell of a lot better than a 3 year wait.

The Rohrbaugh will have a run, after the gun rags do their reviews. But to survive they need a steady demand.

Right now, Rohrbaugh's debt service has to be choking them. They need to squeeze every dime of profit to repay investors, and recoup their capital investment. Why do you think they decided to sell directly to dealers--it wasn't because they loved the extra hassle--it was to keep in-house a little extra profit.

The R9s is going to have a far greater market demand than the R9, so make the price of the R9 attractive enough to give people a real reason to give it a chance.

The quality of the Rohrbaugh is breathtaking. But you need to get people to want to hold one in their hand.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 03:15:53 PM »
GeorgeH,
      Here is the Info he sent me in mail

John Johnson
Performance Firearms
2155 Pless Dr., Ste. A
Brighton, MI 48114
810-229-6866

Came from MGOUC Forum..

I am a Seecamp owner,that is why I lean towards the no site option,as I know with practice at short range it works dandy..

He asks for 1/2 down rest on delivery,tax not included..

I have not been able to run across a dealer "up here" that offers this...
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 08:55:17 PM »
Hi Brenden:

That's what Rohrbaugh wants with the order a 1/2 deposit.

Is there is dealer up where you are that will do FFL transfers?

If yes, send an e-mail to Erik Chaffee in OR. See what kind of price he offers you. I've bought at least 6 handguns through him and even with shipping and the FFL transfer fee, he beat my local dealer's price.

If you are willing to drive down to Macomb County, Dick Hardee of Hardee Auto Parts, will give you a great deal, but you need to prepay. Haedee is located in Clinton Township. He will beat anyone's price on a pre-paid special order.

Offline whoisjohngalt

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 08:38:13 AM »
Dealer cost is about $725 plus shipping, the last I knew.

Note:The current Dealer Cost stated above is incorrect per Rohrbaugh Firearms.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 10:26:16 PM »
That dealer in the original post in this thread is a stand-up guy.  I'm in the SE Michigan area, and I've purchased 3 different firearms from him in the past year, and have my R9s on order with him now.  He, in fact, told me about this forum.  :)

--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 07:35:23 PM »
Yes,
   I believe he is too...John is who I just placed mine with..
    A bit of a drive for me but it shall be worth it...
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline whoisjohngalt

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 07:17:44 PM »
Thank you, Gentlemen.