Author Topic: Tritium night sights  (Read 14243 times)

Offline scaatylobo

Tritium night sights
« on: April 16, 2010, 08:30:22 AM »
I have had to carry and use a pistol at night [ retired LEO ] so I see a REAL need to see the sights in the dark - ergo,night sights are very useful in MNSHO  :).BTW - I do not like an attached light to my pistol as I do NOT believe in pointing/aiming my firearm at something I am attempting to I.D..

ccoorreeyy

Re: Tritium night sights
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
I too would like to have night sights just cause.....

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »
I would like night sights, as well.  Don't have a thing with them.  Think it would be cool, to pull out the gun and see the sights at night.         ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline scaatylobo

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »
I have tritiums on my carry Glocks and the one on the nightstand and in my holster 99% is a G-23 and I LOVE night sights and any who have shot in the dark would also.You can actually shoot better in reduced light with the TNS as you focus on the front sights and that is all that is needed for accuray and hits.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:41:39 PM »
I have a Glock 33.  May give that one some night life!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 01:35:36 AM »
I installed them on my G-19 and my Kahr P-380, my Kahr PM 40 and Kimber Ultra CDP came with them.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ucitykid

• When all else fails, be rational!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »
P7 on the nightstand has tritium - yellow back green front.  Very nice.  Would love to have the pup with visible evening dress as well.  Understand from previous posts that R9 won't handle tritium containers which shatter under the stress.  

Any alternative info?  Thanks, Carlos
Carlos

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 01:19:28 AM »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 08:40:38 AM »
Corey,
   Good post, it seems it's a dead issue.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »
kj look at XS big dot sights with Tritium inserts.  Have on my 32 and love them day or night.  Easy to install.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
Dino.  That's an idea.  Looks like the XS with Tritium inserts would work on the Glock 33.  Will look into that.  Thanks!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »
I have the XS big dot sights on my Kahr P380, got them from Kahr and installed them myself.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »
I'll definitely look into the XS big dots for the G33 as I have absolutely nothing with night sights; seems like a good candidate for this project.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »
 I am running Tru Glow sites on my Sig 228.  They are a combination of Tritium Nightsites and Fiber Optics, best of both worlds.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:41 AM »
I haven't tried those but they sound like they would be perfect, good in the daytime and low light.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson