Author Topic: Range report...Browning 1911 A1 22LR  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Range report...Browning 1911 A1 22LR
« on: December 13, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »
Field stripped gun..cleaned with Eezox (I have frog lube sitting on my bench but.......?).....Gun is small 85% of full size 1911....if your hands are large you need to be careful of placement to work the grip safety...the hammer will pinch your hand slightly....after 600 rounds I just had a small red mark....worked fine with with all ammunition except sub sonic...eley shot best...value pack ammunition no problems...no extra mags until mid May..sights are small if you can see the R9S sights you can see them...major fun factor..very accurate...if you have young shooters in your life you will want this gun....Browning web site has a lot of info on this gun...trigger reset good..trigger pull heavy but not a problem...short barrel version in the works...  8)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:59:01 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Range report...Browning 1911 A1 22LR
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »
Excellent info, Jack; thanks.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln