Author Topic: Factory Aluminum Grips for Sale  (Read 2859 times)

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Factory Aluminum Grips for Sale
« on: August 07, 2017, 08:46:38 PM »
I have for sale Rohrbaugh factory aluminum grips.  These were only briefly sold as some users had problems with grip screw loosening.  As RichardS has described in previous posts, people using grip screw o-rings have had good results.  I have gray, black, and plain aluminum.  I will include a set of o-rings with each set of grips.  $125 per set includes shipping to CONUS.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:55:07 PM by PhilZ »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Factory Aluminum Grips for Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:08:43 PM »
I always loved those grips. I just wish we were able to make use of them without the grip screws loosening up. We had a couple hundred of those laying around doing nothing. I may have some things yet to sell, I have to continue looking around. I keep finding stuff too!  lol 

OK, Good Luck with your sale Phil, you should not have much problem selling those.   ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 09:57:19 PM »
I was going through my Rohrbaugh parts box and I still have these available.

Offline str@ng

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 02:26:53 PM »
Is there any functional advantage/disadvantage over the carbon fiber versus aluminum? Weight, recoil feel, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 08:36:31 PM »
Actually, those were something that we tried for a better grip purchase and also for style. Once we tried and tested them, we realized that they would loosen up pretty quickly from the recoil due to both the frame and the grip panels being aluminum. While they felt and looked nice, even with adding Loctite to the grip screws couldn't keep them tight for more than two or three magazines, which is unacceptable for a defensive gun. We stopped offering them even though we had a few hundred sets made. Such a loss in capital, however, it was the right decision to stop selling them. They were nice for static display only. Although, I bet now with those rubber washers some folks have used on the grip screws, those aluminum grip sets may be viable now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 04:11:15 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline str@ng

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 09:41:11 PM »
Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro