Author Topic: R9s spotted in the wilds of Humble TX.  (Read 2010 times)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
R9s spotted in the wilds of Humble TX.
« on: August 07, 2021, 04:12:55 PM »
Saw this early, Deer Park production Rohrbaugh with sights today at the Premiere Gun Show in Humble (Houston suburb) TX.

Seller said he bought it after meeting Eric and Karl at the NRA show here a decade or so ago.  Looked clean.

If anyone interested, let me know I have the sellers business card.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: R9s spotted in the wilds of Humble TX.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »
Ah yes. . . . . The original family shield logo early black carbon fiber grip set. We had to relieve the trigger spring area a little bit by hand in those days on these grips. Rather tedious work doing that without breaking through, but we managed. If we broke through the side or rear of the right side grip, we were out an expensive set of grip panels, and it did happen! Luckily, not too often. Ha haa.

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 10:25:24 AM »
Allan Yoast Firearms?  He was dealer for Rohrbaugh back in the day.  I purchased my first Rohrbaugh from him.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 07:35:19 PM »
Allan Yoast. A very nice man! I believe he always dressed well and wore a cowboy hat too. Good times then.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.