Author Topic: Just Bought My Birthday Gift  (Read 3854 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Just Bought My Birthday Gift
« on: January 19, 2022, 08:02:48 AM »
I decided to splurge a bit and buy myself a Birthday Gift. This is my new carry gun.
https://www.wilsoncombat.com/sfx9-hc3-25/
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Just Bought My Birthday Gift
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 09:13:18 AM »
Well, Happy Birthday to you then.................. ;D

Very nice handgun, I hope it serves you well.

(That maybe a really nice host platform if they decide to make it in the new .30 Super Carry.  Waiting to see how that new cartridge works out.)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 09:27:41 AM »
Clearly a VERY happy birthday.  That is a beautiful handgun.  I bought a WC CQB for my oldest boy’s 40th a few years ago and we both loved it.  Got a full size Ed Brown Special Forces .45 for my 70th and cherish it.  The good ones are so smooth you cannot feel them cycle when fired.  Congrats!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 09:49:37 AM »

Happy birthday and a very nice pistol!  Have you got it yet?

By the way, I have a birthday in a couple of months if you still feel like splurging.   ;)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 10:50:27 AM »

Happy birthday and a very nice pistol!  Have you got it yet?

By the way, I have a birthday in a couple of months if you still feel like splurging.   ;)

Coming in March. Mine was a custom order. Looks like this one...

https://store.vfiguns.com/wilson-combat-vfi-signature-series/wilson-combat-edc-x9s-stainless-steel-9mm-pistol
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 03:50:39 PM »
Happy Birthday Norm. 

A nice present for yourself. 

Mine is tomorrow.  Enjoy your day, good Sir!

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 09:53:12 PM »
That is a beautiful pistol; however, I would not want to use it as a self defense carry weapon. The reason being is that if it were involved in a valid self defense encounter and another person was shot it would be seized by law enforcement and placed in a police evidence locker awaiting disposition. Other than the R9 this is why I only carry weapons like Glocks that I don't mind their possible loss.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 10:35:13 PM by tracker »

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 12:07:33 AM »
Dang Dawgs.  :(.
That is a great pistol, Norm!  More and more I find myself typing, “Wilson …”, in search bars.
Enjoy it!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 05:27:41 PM »
I love how the slide partially resembles an R9 slide with a hint of Browning Hi-Power!   Ha haa. . . . .   
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.