Author Topic: Help With Customization(same as previous post)  (Read 24215 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Help With Customization(same as previous post)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »
Well I spoke to our friends at Robar today looking for information on having my pup groomed, one of my questions, due to the fact that it is not on their price list was, "do you do checkering and if so how much?" The answer came back $300 for the front strap. I said OK thank you, I will get back to you when I am ready. Needless to say my pup will keep it smooth legs for the forseeable future. Grip on a pup is what about 2". Unless I go another way. I think a good set of grips along with Johns mag extension shoul provide sufficient holding power. Could get the gunsmith work done elsewhere and then send it off to Robar. Maybe I will call Mr. Cogan tomorrow to see how quickly he can do a couple of little things.

That's the reason my pup has no checkering.::)
  I have some different ideas for my new pup when I'm ready to get it started. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 10:15:55 PM »
Well don't keep me in the dark, what are your thoughts. The R9s are pretty good as they came out of the factory. Whats John's Pup going to be wearing? I already have the grip extensions.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »
Sorry, I cant share this one until it's done ;D but it will definitely be a one of a kind. :D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »

Please say you're not porting it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 10:43:30 PM »
There are some ported ones already out there!    ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:30 PM »

I really don't understand ruining a perfectly good self defense weapon but there are always those who have to tweak, sometimes to excess.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 11:07:11 PM »
Sorry, I cant share this one until it's done ;D but it will definitely be a one of a kind. :D

John

More suspense!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
I see no need to port the pup unless you are recoil sensitive, which I am not. :D
No Porting on my pup.
  The stock pup is a superb pocket pistol with an excellent design, but for me there are a couple of areas that could use a little attention. :D and so they shall receive it. ;D
  I can't say that doing what one likes or wants to there gun is ruining it, there are some who would say putting skate board tape or any type of tape on a gun is ruining it. To each his own.

John
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:25:09 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »

The tape, not skate board, comes off very easily like a pair of shoes. Some want a functioning self defense weapon and some like a show piece.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 07:36:50 AM »
Well I am not porting, not enough muzzle jump to require that, pistol is very controlable as it is. I really do not see a need for for either really, a good set of grips maybe a little wider than the stock grips with some nice texturing should do the trick. I have a glove in my bag if necessary at the range. It never has been. I do not put that many rounds through it in one sitting. I would just like something in case I have sweaty hands, which is a possibility in a stressful situation, that will assist me in holding onto the pistol with me having to regrip after a round or two. I was taught to very firmly grasp, I mean very firmly grasp the grip in the same manner as soon as possible after getting it out of the holster. Never had a problem with the pup. Does not behave that badly.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
I think I can get VZ to build me a pair of grips that will fill my needs. It sounds to me like they understand the engineering required to build a good usable pair of grips.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 08:32:29 AM »
   There is no reason you cant have a functioning self defense weapon that is a show piece also. ;D  A highly engraved Gold inlayed pistol will kill you just as dead as a factory stock model.
:o  

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
Yes, I agree. Bling is just not my thing. A couple of small conservative items polished, grooved, jeweled or even engraved migh work. First I am thinking about functionability including a couple or three milled dots for a decent quick sight picture withough having anything to interfere or distract the mission at hand.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »

The only point I was trying to make about the tape is the increased tactile controllability it gives me in gripping the gun. It is at least a 25 per cent  improvement in ideal conditions and more than that in wet, humid, cold, or under stress. To each his own in these enhancements, however. Most of them are subjective, anyway.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »
  There is no reason you cant have a functioning self defense weapon that is a show piece also. ;D  A highly engraved Gold inlayed pistol will kill you just as dead as a factory stock model.
:o  

John

I like Gold!    ;D