Author Topic: Help With Customization(same as previous post)  (Read 24332 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Help With Customization(same as previous post)
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 12:41:09 PM »

You wouldn't even have to fire that one to scare them away, if they weren't blinded first.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
It is sort of menacing!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »
That goes with a 1959 pink cadillac with 24'" Wheels a fur hat and blue patten leather shoes. I have used tape and I keep a roll in my second bag in my closet with holsters etc. I have used it in fact with a seecamp. I have used the old style  electrical tape, flat black with cloth as part or its construction or make up. Works well for me, rarely use it though, it is non slick, comes off easy and I think it may absorb some of the sweat.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »
That goes with a 1959 pink cadillac with 24'" Wheels a fur hat and blue patten leather shoes. I have used tape and I keep a roll in my second bag in my closet with holsters etc. I have used it in fact with a seecamp. I have used the old style  electrical tape, flat black with cloth as part or its construction or make up. Works well for me, rarely use it though, it is non slick, comes off easy and I think it may absorb some of the sweat.

Where have you seen me in my Caddy and how did you see my shoes ?  ;D ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »

Phsimone,

Are you saying the .50 AE Gold Desert Eagle is the pimpmobile of guns?

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
Yes, I actually laughed out loud on that comment....somehow the term oxymoron comes to mind. The desert eagle what a beautiful tool, pimpmobile? well to each his own.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
The '59 Cadillac wasn't too shabby either but I liked the '57 better.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:37:00 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »
Yes, I actually laughed out loud on that comment....somehow the term oxymoron comes to mind. The desert eagle what a beautiful tool, pimpmobile? well to each his own.

How dare you call the .50 Caliber as such!    ;D

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »
The '59 Cadillac wasn't too shabby either but I liked the '57 better.

I liked the '57 Chevy Fuel Injection the best!    :D    :D    :D    :D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2011, 09:23:53 PM »
Me, too.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
You have great taste!    :)

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »
The subject of porting has come up many times in the years since I began teaching and is still around since I retired.  The original was "magna porting" brand.  The touted advantage to porting is that it is supposed to help manage recoil on heavy recoiling weapons.  I believe the first pistols that Magna Port did were Model 29 S&W .44 mags, way back when.   While I have never personally owned or felt the need to port a pistol or use a device on any of my rifles,  I have shot a considerable number of weapons that were done by various companies.   One rifle smith of my acquaintance, knowing that I hunted a lot with a .375 H&H, asked me to try his latest recoil compensator on a .338 off the bench.  It actually unscrewed so that the rifle could be shot with and without same in place.   I could detect no difference in either mode.  I have found a lot of similar things in shooting pistols that recoil heavily.   The negative things that I have noted is that the muzzle blast is increased considerably so that hearing protection is absolutely mandatory or the effect is similar to a flash bang grenade....shocking in big bores.  The other thing I noticed on the indoor range where I taught was that the flash that normally would go straight forward is now directed up and out into the view of the shooter.    This is highly undesirable because it will totally negate any night vision you may have as your eyes adjust to low light conditions.

When one considers that for all the nice things about small handguns, they are principally made for concealment and self defence, one must then consider under what conditions those may be.   Obviously, if we could accurately predict when we were going to need to use a weapon,  we would bring more and better weapons than a small handgun and friends also so armed.   Since we can't accurately predict it's use we need a weapon that is functional under all conditions and won't hamper our ability to use it while in that act.   Porting does hamper your ability.    My stock answer in the past has always been that porting can be a detriment in a gunfight.  If you feel you need it for recoil control, then get a smaller caliber weapon that you are more comfortable using.   If you are thinking about it because you feel there may be an advantage to it on your side....reconsider.    The fact is that whether civilian or a LEO, most gunfights occur during low light conditions when perpetrators feel they have more of an advantage.   Don't help them out by blinding yourself.
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »
I went through a phase for about 10 years where I thought many of my guns just HAD to be ported or compensated.

I shot them at dusk to dark and in indoor ranges with the lights off.  I was never blinded.  In fact I never saw the porting flash.  My eyes were on the target.  Or - maybe I blinked when the flash occured.  Whatevrer, there was no negativitity as far as the flash for me.

Now as far as the noise, that is another issue.  I wore double protection, and I now have a weird hearing disorder along with major hearing loss.  I won't go into it here, it would take too long to explain.  But I will never shoot another compensated or ported gun again, or be around them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:54:34 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 06:38:04 PM »
Maybe I am missing something but I don't understand drilling holes in the top of a perfectly good barrel [and slide] but I've never jumped out of a functioning airplane, either.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:09:51 PM by tracker »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2011, 07:12:13 PM »
Touche'
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE