Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210747 times)

Offline tattoo

• Master
Re: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...
« Reply #600 on: March 17, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »
Yes josh all is bigger here in the one star state

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #601 on: March 17, 2015, 09:43:01 PM »
Amazing!. . . . . . This thread has reached 41 pages and has been (Read 15785 times) !   Wow!   Now that's some heavy traffic!   ha ha . . . . .
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2015, 09:33:02 PM »
Decided to switch carry ammo to HST 124 grain.

Ran 18 rounds and I did have 1 failure to feed.

Can't blame the R9 though.

I think I will have to slowly, methodically and patiently work on whether or not it's worth the switch from gold dots.

The impressive gel test on MRC's shooting the bull has convinced me of the superiority of the HST round.

The HST has a longer profile and quite a sharp leading edge that contributes to the issue IMO.

Anyone else have good or bad success with the HST?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2015, 10:03:07 PM »

They are both at the top of the list but best to go with which one functions best for you and not the test ballistics on penetration, etc. I have not had any issues with either the Gold Dot or the HST.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #604 on: April 10, 2015, 12:36:07 AM »
Hst no issues what I run

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #605 on: May 26, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
+13 more perfect HST.

Of these 13 rounds I let a young man going off to the marines run a mag and my 11 year old run a few rounds.

Nice to know that it's reliable without having the tongue held just right.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #606 on: May 27, 2015, 08:02:10 PM »
Good going Josh!  Very nice to hear.   8)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #607 on: June 01, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »
Well with summer here and a good record on reliability I have finally been able to carry the R9 more than ever. I've even been sporting it in an IWB crossbreed lately when the shirts are a bit tougher to conceal under and I have been very impressed with how it conceals! Really like no other.

Also carrying it front pocket in the awesome milt sparks sharkskin concealment holster and have found it very concealable and comfortable with most pant selections.

Thanks Rohrbaughs for the great pistol. I'm diggin it.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #608 on: June 01, 2015, 09:24:47 PM »

Keep on diggin' Josh. Happy to hear you are a confident R9 owner.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2015, 03:55:33 PM »
You're welcome Josh.   8)

. . . . Hey Josh. . . . . You're not trying to make this thread go to page 42 now are you!?   lol. . . . .  :-\

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »
We could have bought Josh a lot of Elites if we had been able to charge .30 to .50 cents a word for this wordathon. But, then it wouldn't have been as much fun as kicking Josh around the block. He has a great sense of humor and his pups are barking, so all is well at 42, almost.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
LOL Yes, Josh is alright.  .  .  .  .  .  .  and page 42 is .................. ::)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2015, 11:20:46 PM »
We could have bought Josh a lot of Elites if we had been able to charge .30 to .50 cents a word for this wordathon. But, then it wouldn't have been as much fun as kicking Josh around the block. He has a great sense of humor and his pups are barking, so all is well at 42, almost.

Never had so much fun getting kicked around the block. I know the reports have turned to boring, but it's so exciting after the rough start and TRULY wanting to love my Rohrbaugh I feel quite excited and compelled to post the good (though simple) report. Thanks for not getting too annoyed about it.

As for the marathon... Hmm... Idk. It's hard for me to not post. I guess I got addicted to it. Stop replying and I promise I will quit posting here... Eventually 😉

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #613 on: June 04, 2015, 02:40:35 PM »
Getting close to the 20,000 views mark now!  OMG Josh! . . . . .   Go Man Go!   ;D

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #614 on: June 04, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »
...Stop replying and I promise I will quit posting here... Eventually 😉

Not a chance pal.  ;) ;D