Author Topic: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...  (Read 52887 times)

Online ECR

• Grand Master
That's what I thought Tracker. Thanks. . . . . .  8)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Hello guys. May I say something here about the O-ring thing:  They seem to work well with those new VZ grips Richard is showing here on his venerable #132 R9. I have never seen them used on the original grips which used the countersunk flat head screws. That spacing is so tight with those. Has anyone here used the O-ring with the original style grips and screws to any success. I would be interested to know that. I have used Loctite for my screws, especially now knowing how to remove them without issue with the soldering gun heating up the Loctite and then the screws come out as if there is no Loctite on them at all! 

. . . . Just my 2 cents on the screwy thing here.

PS:  Nice grips BTW Richard. I always liked VZ grips for the R9.

I am using O-rings with a set of original Black CF's, the back of the right panel of which Eric kindly initialled for me, but with aftermarket screws shown in the above photo (link below) showing VZ grips, not the original countersunk flat heads.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=6045.msg72956#msg72956
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:54:24 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Online ECR

• Grand Master
Ah Ha. . . . That makes better sense Richard, and, obviously, works. As long as you can get that lower screw from the VZ grips in far enough so as not to "bite" your hand when firing. Good job Sir! Carry on . . . . . .   ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Jax

Eric,

If your wayward travels should place you in the Austin area, My wife and I would be glad to host you and your wife for a stay.

The offer of a "good going over" has appeal - but I have a (potentially) better idea:

Arrange for a set of stops at strategic locations (where clusters of R9 owners live) and offer an "Armorer's Course" in the care, feeding and diagnostics of the R9.  I'm sure many would be willing to fork over $200+ for a one day class on the "things to watch for" with the R9 - direct from the "horse's mouth" (no insult intended).  All of your accumulated battle wounds (from the manufacturing and warranty side of the business) distilled down to a couple of hours wisdom teaching others (with slides and handouts).  [I'd be registrant #1 in the Greater Austin Area.]

Done properly, your trip expenses are paid for and you even make some money!  (And you wouldn't have to give up the free lodging/dinners and adult libations either!)

PM or call to flesh this out if you'd like.

Jake  (R9 #10x, R9S # 10x)

ps - I'm glad to see you are on the board, and hopefully enjoying yourselves in this next phase of your lives.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:10:26 AM by Jax »

Online ECR

• Grand Master
Thank You Jake. It has promise and I have friends in Austin, so that would definitely be one of our stops. I really should start planning something at this point so as not to be overwhelmed next spring/summer when I go on this venture. At this point, the only issues may be that the little wife and I have recently been contracted by the local DA's office to conduct the sale at auction (my wife is a professional auctioneer for decades) of their impound vehicles once again. We did this in the mid 1990s and it was, shall I say, rather lucrative. We are hoping it is still the same way now, however, that commitment, and my recent return to the arts in music and sound, may draw into our proposed trip ideas for next year. We'll see. . . . . . and Hope!

Regards,

Eric R.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Two new pups to keep my EDC company when it's in the safe. The Custom has a green slide and a black barrel, trigger, mag, and internals like the Special Forces.  Does anyone know where I can find one of those Coyote Cerakote slides with the dovetailed Novak sights from the 2012 Shot Show?

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5955.msg70924#msg70924

Online ECR

• Grand Master
So that's where that Custom job went. I remember building that one out of extra items laying around. Some parts on it were prototype sample parts and others just fit the look. I almost kept that R9 for myself!   8)  I'm glad it is in good hands now and by someone who understands these many "one off" pistols I built just for the heck of it. I really enjoyed doing those special guns to get away from the monotony of building our standard models everyday. I looked forward to conjuring up those "one off" guns and would call a few of our "special dealers" and explain what I had and if they had an interest in buying it. I never did have to make many calls to get them sold! Nice to see they may be growing in value due to their rarity.   ;)   Enjoy it!

Regards,

Eric R.

PS:  In reference to the Ceracoat coated slide with the Novak dovetailed sights. . . . . . There was only that one slide made, which was at the 2012 SHOT Show. I think I may still have that prototype laying around in my stash somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:30:42 PM by ECR »

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!

A pic from awhile ago!
Gotta love the Farmies!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!

I always liked this one with the "Roar"baugh! Bear!!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Very nice man!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
My recently purchased Stealth.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Grats. Good looker.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline tattoo

• Master

I always liked this one with the "Roar"baugh! Bear!!!
Man those are very sexy...Ty for sharing..

Online backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »
My greatly loved EDC R9S Covert...not pretty but not for public display, and VERY effective in living up to its name.

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tattoo

• Master
Re: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
Very nice backup