Author Topic: WTB replacement mag for R9  (Read 3546 times)

Offline armybrat

WTB replacement mag for R9
« on: May 23, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »
Hello,

Just looking for (1) replacement stainless mag for my recently acquired R9.  Mine came with two but one is missing.  My friend (who I bought this from) is in a nursing home and has his family looking for it...so far no luck.  I would like to have an extra one anyway.

I saw a new one on Gunbroker for $155 plus shipping...not sure if that's a fair price.

Thanks,
Vic
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:00:09 AM by armybrat »
"Say hello to my little friend"

Offline Douglas

• Expert
Re: WTB replacement mag for R9
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 11:36:02 AM »
Take a look here:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7779.0

The important bit, I think:

They also have 70 stainless mags left in stock and can be purchased individually for $40 each directly from Checkmate - Ask for Brendon 631-491-1777 They know about Rohrbaugh/Remington and aren't interested in selling all the remaining stainless mags to one or two people only to have them jack up the prices on Gun Broker. So if you want a small number they will sell them to you at a fair price - no funny business.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline armybrat

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »
Thanks so much for the info.  I will call first thing Monday morning...hope they have a couple left.

Best Wishes,
Vic

Offline MN Lefty

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 08:30:58 AM »
I called Brendon at Checkmate and bought two stainless mags last week.  I needed 4 mags so I could use my Rohrbaugh to shoot local club Bug match.  We have one reload on the clock.  Will compare reload times between Rohrbaugh and Solo.

Offline armybrat

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 03:55:43 PM »
Just an update since I originally posted the question...I was able to order 3 stainless mags from Brandon. Got them within a week or so. Very satisfied with the whole transaction! Thanks to all for the info!

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 12:06:30 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I am one of the forums oldies and have not posted for awhile.
Was looking for two mags so will follow up.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."