Author Topic: I love our Government  (Read 2127 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
I love our Government
« on: January 21, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »
The people who commit a FELONY and enter our country illegally continue to live on OUR tax dollars, welfare, section 8 housing, ADC and food stamps  BUT our military is not being paid. The internet and television has been cut on ALL bases, world wide and they don't have a clue when Congress will get serious. They are a disgrace to America.

My Niece, her husband and two children are on base in Germany. Fortunately she is a nurse so they have some money coming in.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
Re: I love our Government
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
Government shutdowns unfortunately are not new.  I've always thought that we should have an amendment to laws that allowed the public to vote on the topic when government shuts down.  A special election on the topic.  In other words, We The People decide.  Each party makes their case on TV and news, then let us decide the issue and move on with the next problem.

I'm sure there are flaws to this options but it would force Congress to be more beholden to the voters.
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:02:46 PM »
Active duty military personnel are being paid until 1 February; reservists have already been cut off.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 12:34:37 PM »
Active duty military personnel are being paid until 1 February; reservists have already been cut off.

KIND of right. The Military gets paid once a month. They were paid Jan 1 and the shutdown didn't start till last week.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one