Author Topic: Clipdraw on R9S  (Read 8355 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Clipdraw on R9S
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 09:44:43 PM »

Is that a 3.5# connector on the Glock 27? If so, that sounds marginal to me.

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 11:07:01 PM »
Yup, the 3.5 is it.  But I have a slide safety on the trigger.  Don’t know who makes this, found it at a gunshow and installed it.  I have put well over 500 rounds since install and it works perfectly.  Love it!  But as many well know, the G27 is a chunk to carry around, glad the Pup performed up to expectations.  I want another Pup but hard to find…had to drive a very long way to get the one I have.  

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »
Thanks for posting the photo. Here is a link to the siderlock.

http://www.siderlock.com/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:08:06 AM by tracker »

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 12:11:38 AM »
Thanks Tracker, that is the one.... I was not convinced at first, but now that I've tried it and carried it for almost two years, I can say that it works.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »
AmmoT.  Good information.  I have a Glock 33 and really like the performance.  

Thanks tracker also for the link.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
Reinz,
I certainly respect the opinions of others on here and the fact that there are concerns about exposed trigger carry.  I used to have the same concerns about carrying a cocked and locked 1911.  I learned long ago at Ft Benning and then at Ft Bragg, that my safety is my finger. However, I do not recommend exposed trigger carry to anyone who is not 100% comfortable, and 100% confident in a stressful situation.  That being said.  I only carry exposed trigger carry on those firearms that require a calculated effort to pull the trigger.  IMO, the R9's require such effort that an accidental snag on the trigger would not cause an inadvertent discharge of the weapon, but again, I don't recommend this method for anyone not comfortable, confident, properly trained, etc...only the individual can decide that.  For me, I'm good with it and even carry a G27 with a light trigger this way occasionally. I defer to the many experts on this forum as to their opinion of an out of the box trigger pull on a Pup.  Listen to everyone's opinion, then form your own, because in the end, it is the individual who has to answer for their decisions.  Hope this helps.  No matter what, exercise your 2nd Amendment rights and arm up and carry proudly.    

AT:

Well stated!

HOOAH!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
Reinz,
I certainly respect the opinions of others on here and the fact that there are concerns about exposed trigger carry.  I used to have the same concerns about carrying a cocked and locked 1911.  I learned long ago at Ft Benning and then at Ft Bragg, that my safety is my finger. However, I do not recommend exposed trigger carry to anyone who is not 100% comfortable, and 100% confident in a stressful situation.  That being said.  I only carry exposed trigger carry on those firearms that require a calculated effort to pull the trigger.  IMO, the R9's require such effort that an accidental snag on the trigger would not cause an inadvertent discharge of the weapon, but again, I don't recommend this method for anyone not comfortable, confident, properly trained, etc...only the individual can decide that.  For me, I'm good with it and even carry a G27 with a light trigger this way occasionally. I defer to the many experts on this forum as to their opinion of an out of the box trigger pull on a Pup.  Listen to everyone's opinion, then form your own, because in the end, it is the individual who has to answer for their decisions.  Hope this helps.  No matter what, exercise your 2nd Amendment rights and arm up and carry proudly.    

Toad - thanks for your response and your service to this great nation.  And because of your experience and seriousness of the situation I take your comments to heart.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »
Yup, the 3.5 is it.  But I have a slide safety on the trigger.  Don’t know who makes this, found it at a gunshow and installed it.  I have put well over 500 rounds since install and it works perfectly.  Love it!  But as many well know, the G27 is a chunk to carry around, glad the Pup performed up to expectations.  I want another Pup but hard to find…had to drive a very long way to get the one I have.  

You're right about being a chunk to carry!  ;D

I tried years ago to carry one concealed, and it just did not work on my body type.

Felt like I was trying to hide a brick!

But bless those that can.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE