Author Topic: Product announcement  (Read 14740 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
 Product announcement
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 03:41:52 PM »
>>I got a note from Eric last night as he was assembling some of the first .R-380s.  That is a good thing...!  Apparently they are waiting on a couple thingamajigs to finish off the guns before first shipments go out, but he sounded hopeful the guns will be going out in a month or so, give or take a few days.  Maybe sooner...?...!  Point is we are thiiiiis close! For those of us who have anticipated the R-380 for a while now - this should be more good news.

Regarding the shootability of the R-380, Eric made the following comment:  "These things are fun to shoot and do not abuse the shooter. . . just the perp!  (LOL) Pricing is the same as the R9 Series. . . . same amount of work. . . fit. . . and finish. . . just a .380 version"...  

Now is that music to your ears or what...?...!!!  Is to mine...!  And it's reminiscent of the descriptions some of us have given over the past couple years when we've had the privilege to try out the .380 prototype...!

One of the things I look forward to doing with the R-380 is using it to introduce to some folks who are contemplating a Concealed Carry permit, but are not currently comfortable with a larger caliber for carry, and who also want something smaller than a baby Glock, yet a comfortable handful of metal to grab hold of = the R-380, IMO.

And of course I want to shoot the R-380 myself...  Because unlike the R-9 which is made to be shot a little, but carried a lot...  The R-380 should be able to be carried and shot a lot, as it should handle the .380 round over and over and over given it's built on an R-series frame for the larger 9mm exhaust.  Or that's my understanding thus far...waiting, of course for official product advisement from the R-Bros.

Can you feel the R-380 in your hands...?  I can, and I already have real RJ leather to carry it in when not in use by one of my R-9s.  It doesn't get much better than that...!  I think it's time to break the piggy bank...TW

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:21:24 PM by TW »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Product announcement
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
TW, thanks for the info on the .380  I can't wait til it's here.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline henryk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 07:40:14 PM »
Sounds like good news to me.  :)

I saw several R9s at the gun show in Pasadena, Texas this morning.  First time ever around here.  :)  Prices were from $1050 to $1450.  One of the dealers was from Dallas but I can't remember where the other was from.  Looks like there must be a few extra R9s out there now.  :)  Must be time to start shipping the R-380.   lol

Offline Savior_6

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »
My buddy who introduced me to the Pups and I are looking forward to owning a .380 version. He tried a Seecamp .380 after we shot my Pup to see if it was more comfortable shooting, but it was proprtionally the same amount of pain. "This round [.380] and that [the Pup] size pistol should be good." is what he said. I might have to agree even though I have gotten used to the Pup with the 9mm.

BTW, These pistols will be the same size, correct?
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)
P9s
K9
P228

Offline henryk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 09:41:14 AM »
My buddy who introduced me to the Pups and I are looking forward to owning a .380 version. He tried a Seecamp .380 after we shot my Pup to see if it was more comfortable shooting, but it was proprtionally the same amount of pain. "This round [.380] and that [the Pup] size pistol should be good." is what he said. I might have to agree even though I have gotten used to the Pup with the 9mm.

BTW, These pistols will be the same size, correct?

I believe I read that here somewhere.  They will be the same size.  That would work for me as I already have two holsters for my R9s.  

Offline Savior_6

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 12:57:16 AM »
That would be a good thing.
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)
P9s
K9
P228