Author Topic: Bermuda  (Read 4406 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Bermuda
« on: July 20, 2004, 12:48:18 PM »
For those who may have noticed my absence, I was in Bermuda for a few days.  This was a trip to visit friends who live in Bermuda, and to do a little bit of work before going into vacation mode.

Wow.  What a great place.

In order to make this somewhat firearms related, I should note that Bermuda is a British colony.  There are NO privately owned firearms of any kind.  The police don't carry guns, although they have some available for check-out as needed.

I am not sure what their knife laws are, but I did see some pocket knifes (Swiss Army Knives) for sale.

This is a pic of me with Fort St. Catherine in the background.  This was a British fort that is now open for tours, and contains a historic firearms museum.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 12:52:54 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Bermuda
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 03:09:20 PM »
Duane:

That's a great photo.  The Fort looks just as I remember it when I was last there a few years ago.  I still hope to sail there someday before I get too old to control the halyards.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:20:32 AM »
Man, does that water ever look good.  Makes me want to don snorkel and go investigate!  Which reminds me .... wonder too if flyandscuba has been vacationing ... not seen him in a while.

Rental scooter I assume Duane?  Perfect transportation I'd imagine for that situation.  As for the firearms deal .... <shudder>
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 11:28:56 AM »
Interestingly (since you asked!), visitors cannot rent cars in Bermuda.  In fact, even residents are limited to one car per household, and that car must meet strict wheelbase/horsepower limitations.  Most of the cars on the island are small European models -- Suzukis, Puegots, Nissans, etc.  Most people do get around by motor scooter, as I did for the time I was there.

Also, you can see that I am driving on the left!

The snorkeling was FANTASTIC.  Much more marine life (and friendlier) than I had ever seen in the Bahamas or at John Pennycamp State Park in the Florida Keys.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com