Author Topic: Tripp discontinuing finishing services  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Novanglus

• Molon labe!
Tripp discontinuing finishing services
« on: April 19, 2008, 12:19:56 PM »
I know this forum has a lot of folks who admire Tripp finishes (http://www.trippresearch.com/osdoc/chrome.html), so I'm sorry to share the sad news that Tripp is discontinuing it's refinishing services in a couple of months.   If you've aways wanted Tripp refinishing work, get your order in before 2008-06-13.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.  Patrick Henry

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
Re: Tripp discontinuing finishing services
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »
I know this forum has a lot of folks who admire Tripp finishes (http://www.trippresearch.com/osdoc/chrome.html), so I'm sorry to share the sad news that Tripp is discontinuing it's refinishing services in a couple of months.   If you've aways wanted Tripp refinishing work, get your order in before 2008-06-13.

Ford's also refinishes in hard chrome.  For those interested more information about guns that have been refinished, checkout www.parkcitiestactical.com, forums, Cult of the P7.  MANY have refinished HK P7's and have lots of photos on the forum.

Just an FYI not a hijack. HTH

Offline Novanglus

• Molon labe!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »
Good point, Jack!  Ford (http://www.fordsguns.com) does gorgeous work: extremely consistent, crisp and they produce some nice variations in their nickel/chrome finishes: bright, brushed, matte etc.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.  Patrick Henry

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 06:47:05 PM »
If I remember correctly there was a substantial difference in the warranty for the work.  One had 1 year warranty and the other was considerably different.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tripp's was the 1 year.  I feel if you have a great product, cover it under a great warranty.  This gives me much more confidence in the purchase of the tangible product or a service.

Someone on this forum wants to hard chrome the R9.  It should look nice.  I think that wood grips would be needed to make it even nicer but then its becoming a totally different animal. TEHO

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »

That's good advice. I've sent six more magazines to Virgil Tripp for Cobra Chrome to match the original two he did along with my HK P7. His work for me has been flawless.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:44:51 PM »
Richard,

I thought that you were going to give a "Bling Alert" when you were going to post your "Reflective" guns!! ;) 8)

I kick myself in the rear not sending in the P7 that I had to be chromed!! Oh well-I get to enjoy seeing yours!!

Take care my friend..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »
Brenden:

BLING ALERT!

(My "shaving" gun.)   ;)

Take care, my friend!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
Ahhhh. A warning and I still looked at it!!! ;) ;D

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Charlie

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »
My P7M8 is returning from Tripp's hopefully Sat. or Mon.  He is shipping it today.  I can't wait to get it back.  Looks like I got it to him just in time. I won't be bling shiney just a brushed finish.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:51:33 PM by Charlie »
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Offline Charlie

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 12:42:55 AM »
It's back!  And I couldn't be happier.  Excellent work!  In just under the wire!

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 10:14:54 AM »
After seeing that (and similar others) i'm going to have to get one of those someday.  Very nice looking!
Corey

Offline Charlie

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »
After seeing that (and similar others) i'm going to have to get one of those someday.  Very nice looking!
Corey

Thanks, it's a great gun.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »
(BLING ALERT, Brenden -- although I did tone down the light a little bit.)

The plan has come together: HK P7, eight magazines, Nill Walnut Rhomlas grips, Tripp Cobra Chrome plating, Del Fatti (and K&D) gunleather, Remington Golden Saber BJHP ammunition. Life is good!   8)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »
Richard,

That picture is easy on the eyes!! ;)

very nice!! 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »
Brenden:

Thank you, my friend!

Did you catch the error in the photograph? I took it immediately after taking delivery of the Del Fatti magazine carrier, for which I had posted a WTB notice on another forum -- without much real hope of success.

If you study the photograph closely, you will see that in my excitement and haste to set up the shot, and with the trembling hands of a kid on Christmas morning, I had carelessly inserted the magazine backwards into the carrier.  ::)

At my age, it's somehow reassuring to know that I can still get so excited over new "toys."  8)

(I should add that Matt himself was the first one to notice and point out the error in the photograph, by which time I was wearing the carrier and had cycled several magazines through it, properly inserted.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:34:20 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"